Combines chooser idea

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Combines chooser idea

Post by commander fury » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

I'd like to suggest a randome combine chooser that would randomly choose, each round, if there is no combine at all, a player that would go combine.It would work only with 0 combine at the starting, if there is already one, it wouldn't work.
Goomba, Myback, or any modder/mapper/scripter would be welcome to make that, or maybe Nick or Ant could and then install it on the server.

Thanks for considering my idea, bye.

Demon
Server Admin

Re: Combines chooser idea

Post by Demon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 am

Ye, that's how things are sort out in Garry's mod deathrun.
Good idea, should be added.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 pm

John Freeman wrote:I'd like to suggest a randome combine chooser that would randomly choose, each round, if there is no combine at all, a player that would go combine.It would work only with 0 combine at the starting, if there is already one, it wouldn't work.
Goomba, Myback, or any modder/mapper/scripter would be welcome to make that, or maybe Nick or Ant could and then install it on the server.

I could create my own script.
But leave ant tell if it's a good idea.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 pm

John Freeman wrote:I'd like to suggest a randome combine chooser that would randomly choose, each round, if there is no combine at all, a player that would go combine.It would work only with 0 combine at the starting, if there is already one, it wouldn't work.

There already is a system. First to die becomes combine... works fine.
Cpt. Goomba wrote: I could create my own script.
You cant create a script/addon for deathrun because you would not have access to all of the variables that have to be set within my sourcemod plugin.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 am

For sure there is already a system for that but combines always re-switch or go immediatly in spectator mode, that makes the round end and everytime someone goes combine it's the same repetitive story.
This isn't a problem when there is like 32 players on it and 4 combines, but it's kind of harsh when there is only 10 players or so and nobody want to stand with combines.
That's why I suggested the idea.Also, make in sort that the player cannot re-switch, even to spectator mode, until the round ends.
If someone can make it for us, why not ?

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:49 am

ant_8490 wrote:

There already is a system. First to die becomes combine... works fine.
Cpt. Goomba wrote: I could create my own script.
You cant create a script/addon for deathrun because you would not have access to all of the variables that have to be set within my sourcemod plugin.
I meant to say I know how to create a script, not scripting a combine chooser.

Stuntman0007
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by Stuntman0007 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:18 pm

John Freeman wrote:For sure there is already a system for that but combines always re-switch or go immediatly in spectator mode, that makes the round end and everytime someone goes combine it's the same repetitive story.
This isn't a problem when there is like 32 players on it and 4 combines, but it's kind of harsh when there is only 10 players or so and nobody want to stand with combines.
That's why I suggested the idea.Also, make in sort that the player cannot re-switch, even to spectator mode, until the round ends.
They would still switch immediately. Personally, I like the system how it is. Your not forced into being the killer or being a runner.
Stopping them from switching to spectate would only half work, They can still re-join and avoid it. And you can't stop that.
I'm not saying the system isn't flawed, But it's fine as is. That's why we have admins, Make the people stay combine for at least 1 round.
Mew I'm a bunny!

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 am

Stuntman0007 wrote:
John Freeman wrote:For sure there is already a system for that but combines always re-switch or go immediatly in spectator mode, that makes the round end and everytime someone goes combine it's the same repetitive story.
They would still switch immediately. Personally, I like the system how it is. Your not forced into being the killer or being a runner.
Stopping them from switching to spectate would only half work, They can still re-join and avoid it. And you can't stop that.
I'm not saying the system isn't flawed, But it's fine as is. That's why we have admins, Make the people stay combine for at least 1 round.
That's why I said a warn message if they rejoin.