deathrun_craggy_v1

Forum rules
If you make or convert a map make a new topic for each one that you submit so comments or problems can be discussed.
fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

deathrun_craggy_v1

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 am

Finally done! This rock-themed map is my first map I've actually finished. I currently have a few little problems (2nd trap and secret dont work fully, I hope to look at the with the owners later). It has a few custom textures but nothing super special as well as above mentioned, a secret which gives you a grenade. I won't be doing it so whoever finds it first is special!
The endings feature:
Music
PhysFight
Noob (which is a nuke, thanks to demon for suggesting it)
Awp
Old (with a physgun and a barrel :D)

It is a darkish map, not dark like deathrun_amazing, but not like applerun either.
It is supposed to have background music, but I am experiencing problems with that as well :< Hopefully, as said, the owners can help me fix that up as well.
Otherwise, just another map :D I hope you guys enjoy!

I want to thank:
Nick, for tons of advice on entities and traps
Ant, for saving my map from complete and utter failure
...And several players whom I can't recall giving me little tips and tricks along the way.

Oh, was so excited almost forgot. The download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qjhx1yoj9chltn

If you guys wish, I can post some screens, although I'm pretty sure Nick is testing it first thing tomorrow. At least what he told me.

THE ABOVE VERSION IS V.5 AND THE BELOW IS THE FULL V1
http://www.mediafire.com/?f4odlve0nlcestn

That is the final v1 of this map. Enjoy!
Last edited by fire1000678 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
上手ですか?

"Just as the tree and the earth need each other for life, so is the body and the soul, for without the other, one is nothing."

Ingame Name: [GR]人生Positively Shinobi{A}

Demon
Server Admin

Re: deathrun_craggy_v1

Post by Demon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:24 am

Please post some screenshots + if you want to I can fix your map, Just tell me what to fix and I will re-send it back whenever I am finished.

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Alright, thank you. Here is what I need fixed:
The secret doesn't give you grenades, probably cuz the grenades are to far from where you teleport to. Easy to fix I was just to retarded to remember to do it last night.
The second trap for some damn reason won't push the func_physbox. I believe it is because I might of mis-parented (I meant to parent the trigger_hurt to the physbox but I may have switch it around, making it impossible to push)... anyway it is, I believe it has to do with the trigger_hurt. I would try making the trigger hurt just like a line where the physbox should fly, killing whoever might touch it.

Oh, and while you are oh so generously at it, would you also mind straightening up? Basically just the lights.
Thank you very much, and here are those screens:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Edit1: The 5th down screenshot is a screenshot of the glitched trap.
上手ですか?

"Just as the tree and the earth need each other for life, so is the body and the soul, for without the other, one is nothing."

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Good job on the map, looks awesome.
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 pm

:D I dunno about that, but thank you :D
上手ですか?

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Well looks better than rockrun (no offense demon :D)
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Shorter, but I agree :>
Much offense, demon.
JK LOVE YOU <3 :3 thanks for fixing up my map
上手ですか?

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Not bad. Although you should add more details to the map + fix some textures.
On the laser trap you could add like little cylinders to show as if they were emitting the lasers and not some invisible force.
You know what I mean.
Thanks to small details like that your map will be rated much much much! more better.

Lol. Idc about baserun/rockrun. It sucks I got to admit. The map just ruins me. GET RID OF IT!

EDIT
Make sure you do not use toooooooo much displacements. I had past experience with displacements... trust me you don't want to go through was I had to go through. :)

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Alright, thank you. Any other suggestions? And did you fix my second trap :< ?

Edit1:
Yea, I'll start working on visual details soon (putting stuff in the portals, for example, and the cylinders on the laser). I will also fix the secret and trap if demon already hasnt. Any other last minute thoughts, please say them quick! I will be putting up the final compile and not working on it anymore until the next version later tonight, so work quickly!

Edit2:
Just saw your edit, I actually need all the displacements, they kinda define the map, sadly :< I had more but got rid of them.

Edit3:
What textures need fixing, you think?
上手ですか?

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Final v1 copy is on the bottom link in the orginal post!
上手ですか?

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Cant fix your map sorry. I have no Steam and I am not going to get it soon. Unless I make 100 pounds in like 1 day...

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Its fine, I already fixed everything :D Its up and ready, the last link in the original post.
上手ですか?