deathrun_amazing

Forum rules
If you make or convert a map make a new topic for each one that you submit so comments or problems can be discussed.
Peter Brev

deathrun_amazing

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey gamers. I finally finished my map who took me 2 weeks to do it. I've been knowing that my 2 first maps wasn't that good. This is because I didn't have solid basic knowledge about hammer. Today, with a lot of practise, I could made my best map I could do. I tested my map, at least, 100 times to ensure there is really no problems through the map, and I made my best so can like my work. I know I can do even better. And that's why I will be working on a bigger project later when I feel to do it. It has been quite hard, trust me for that, but I made it with a lot of trouble (like the resourses problem as you maybe know from random topics), and all is working as I wish.

So, the theme is based on the weather, because I like the nature, and I got the nice idea to make a map with :

-Thunder Storm effect
-Rain
-Thunder sound effect
-Lightning effect
-Custom lights with the light enviroment

The map contains 14 or 15 traps (I don't remember exactly) and got:
-env_fog_controler (to make map a bit more realistic with the weather)
-env_shadow_control (to have map got different shadow when it has a lightning effect)
-env_wind (to make map far more realistic)
-keyframe_rope (to make show there is wind)

It also contains different traps and has got a nice trap I practised a lot to make it good who is an animated antilion trap at the last trap.
I won't show you screenshots just because of 2 reasons: - I want you to have the surprise - I'm not bothered to make them (Lol).

You might know I used a lot of different textures and made the map as different as possible the other maps (even if it maybe looks like combine, but I based the map to be like a "sister").
So yeah, the map is quite massive and compile is a bit long, but I optimized the map, but it is really hard to make the compile window compile faster, it's really long on PortalFlow but it's normal due to map who is massive.
There is 3 endings : -Bhop -Easy (who is actually old) -357 fight.
I also tryed to make a nice map style and I hope you really enjoy the map. There is no secrets on map because I didn't want to add secrets. The map isn't too bright nor too dark. It is quite dark but I set the light_enviroment to be configured like my skybox. The skybox is -> sky_day09, so I copied Interlopers advices for this skybox. We got this now, I hope the server owners will like the work I gave. If you decompile the map, you'll see many things such as logic_timer and so on. I ask to server owners (I will pm them for vmf anyway) to not touch anything about the logic_timers, logic_autos, logic_relays and ambient_generic. If you have to modify something, I would ask to tell me what you need to change.

And yes, the map has been tested by Demon and I to fix all problems found. So special thanks to Demon.

Therefore, after this speech, I give you the bsp link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hj5a1dk60b0bc ... kg8jsp39sy

Have fun, and don't be too hard ;)
Last edited by Peter Brev on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StaTix
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Re: deathrun_amazing

Post by StaTix » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm

cool, maybe some screenshots? and will test out bro :>
&&[GR]Broskii{A}:L: is it lego's boobs?

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm

So I'm sure you didn't even read the topic.

StaTix
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by StaTix » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Left4Freeman60 wrote:So I'm sure you didn't even read the topic.
i skimmed, might not of read it word for word, but i tested it good overall only thing that seems kind of bad is how long the bhop is, dont you think its kind of long?

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Exorcist wrote:
i skimmed, might not of read it word for word, but i tested it good overall only thing that seems kind of bad is how long the bhop is, dont you think its kind of long?
Not really skills :D if I can do it all can do it

StaTix
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by StaTix » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Left4Freeman60 wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Not really skills :D if I can do it all can do it
no i mean like how big the platform is, shure smaller ones are fine but why so big?

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 pm

the platforms are good.

B.U.G
Former Server Admin

Post by B.U.G » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:28 pm

is sooo Great and Amazing map . Is funny , easy and short . May the best map ^^ . I hope this one will be adding on A51 DR server . U will love this map trust me >3 :D

Simzo
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Simzo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Great and Addicting map i like the Bhop at the end :D
[GR] Simzo {A}

Ingame names: [GR] Simzo {A} , [GR] LyricX {A}
Mincraft name: Simzo

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Map looks really good, but there's just a few simple fixes that need to be done. I would have just done them but when i decompile the map, it detect solid errors when i open it in Hammer and then crashes.

Here's what you need to do:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rln7wngp4lcz8zw/sllABJXlMT
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 am

I'll change that, only for the fan trap, the trigger_push I set before is deleted due to a glitch not making push player up correctly. Even if I set all settings and set clients in flags tab, it is pushing, but somethings blocks, so I replaced it.

EDIT: I changed link in my first topic, contains bsp and vmf.

nick_6893
Site Admin

Post by nick_6893 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 am

Link says invalid file. You may have mistyped it.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 pm

nick_6893 wrote:Link says invalid file. You may have mistyped it.
hmm, let me check.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Left4Freeman60 wrote:
nick_6893 wrote:Link says invalid file. You may have mistyped it.
hmm, let me check.
EDIT: Yeah, I updated link: try this : http://www.mediafire.com/?hj5a1dk60b0bc ... kg8jsp39sy

nick_6893
Site Admin

Post by nick_6893 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:59 pm

As the map name says, this map is amazing. By far this is the best map submission I've ever seen. I'm very impressed. Good work!