Firespread? And possibly TNT

ZeroKateo
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Firespread? And possibly TNT

Post by ZeroKateo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:54 am

I've been thinking we should fire spread back on because recently I've been tree farming and you know how big trees grow and then when you've cut the base you have a floating piece of crap and I just feel like burning my house down and re building it, also been thinking about TNT being turned back on, I really hate mining and wastin Pick axes when I can just blow up everything I need plus I want to make trap chests and stuff for griefers to teach them a lesson. If you don't want any of this kthen that's fine jut wanted to put ou my opinion.

cosmosgp1
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Re: Firespread? And possibly TNT

Post by cosmosgp1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 am

My opinion is that firespread shouldn't be back on. It would cause pain to people with flammable material to make their homes. It would be nice to have TNT back on but only in the wilderness. It should be disabled in towns though.
+1 vote (sorta) on adding it back!
I come from the past.
I'll stay for a while.
I'll come back later again.
Spoiler
Show

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:11 am

cosmosgp1 wrote:My opinion is that firespread shouldn't be back on. It would cause pain to people with flammable material to make their homes. It would be nice to have TNT back on but only in the wilderness. It should be disabled in towns though.
Wat if... wildness is next to a town, and someones building is on the edge of that town. Then someone stacks tons of TNT along the town border and.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Towny doesnt have any specific options to disable TNT/fire damage within towns. That is current controlled by WorldGuard which is just a global setting (meaning TNT/fire ON or OFF).
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

cosmosgp1
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by cosmosgp1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:24 am

ant_8490 wrote:
cosmosgp1 wrote:My opinion is that firespread shouldn't be back on. It would cause pain to people with flammable material to make their homes. It would be nice to have TNT back on but only in the wilderness. It should be disabled in towns though.
Wat if... wildness is next to a town, and someones building it on the edge of that town. Then someone stacks tons of TNT along the town border and.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Towny doesnt have any specific options to disable TNT/fire damage within towns. That is current controlled by WorldGuard which is just a global setting (meaning TNT/fire ON or OFF).
Good point. I haven't thought clearly. :P
I come from the past.
I'll stay for a while.
Spoiler
Show

ZeroKateo
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ZeroKateo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

Well people should know better than to grief and be dicks about it and if they do that the person who was griefed should simply report them and then that person either gets temp banned or unwhitelisted.

ZeroKateo
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ZeroKateo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:41 am

Also since its my idea to turn firespread back on along with TNT I will offer to help fix anyones house that gets destroyed and I will help pay for materials.

MLGPro
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by MLGPro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Not sure about fire spread but I think TNT should definitely be re-enabled on the server. People just don't use it for griefing and there are a lot of cool things you can do with it. An example being sand cannons (launches sand or any other gravity effected blocks) which can be used for 'wireless' redstone contraptions or just for fun. As for griefing by TNT I don't think this would be likely. One, it would require somebody to have a lot of TNT which is not exactly easy to get. Secondly TNT can only blow up blocks that are but 3-5 blocks away from it and most peoples' buildings are farther into town than that. Thirdly most people are not stupid enough to put a lot of TNT on the edge of a town because it would be an act of griefing so obvious (that is really quite easy to fix with big brother) that their ban would be assured. Also if someone did put a large amount of TNT near somebody's buildings and blew it up they were griefers anyway and should not have been white-listed. Lastly, because we have towny mod which keeps creepers away from our buildings (unless you build in the wilderness) you could re-enable creeper damage so that people cannot go out and quickly get large amounts of TNT with ease. Thanks for reading this and I hope you enable TNT.

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 pm

They don't use it for griefing because it's blocked. duh.

cosmosgp1
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by cosmosgp1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 pm

MLGPro wrote:Not sure about fire spread but I think TNT should definitely be re-enabled on the server. People just don't use it for griefing and there are a lot of cool things you can do with it. An example being sand cannons (launches sand or any other gravity effected blocks) which can be used for 'wireless' redstone contraptions or just for fun. As for griefing by TNT I don't think this would be likely. One, it would require somebody to have a lot of TNT which is not exactly easy to get. Secondly TNT can only blow up blocks that are but 3-5 blocks away from it and most peoples' buildings are farther into town than that. Thirdly most people are not stupid enough to put a lot of TNT on the edge of a town because it would be an act of griefing so obvious (that is really quite easy to fix with big brother) that their ban would be assured. Also if someone did put a large amount of TNT near somebody's buildings and blew it up they were griefers anyway and should not have been white-listed. Lastly, because we have towny mod which keeps creepers away from our buildings (unless you build in the wilderness) you could re-enable creeper damage so that people cannot go out and quickly get large amounts of TNT with ease. Thanks for reading this and I hope you enable TNT.
+1
I come from the past.
I'll stay for a while.
Spoiler
Show

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:31 am

MLGPro wrote:you could re-enable creeper damage
worst idea on the world.

nick_6893
Site Admin

Post by nick_6893 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 am

Up to ant on enabling TNT. My opinion is no for the TNT/firespread. Since where not hiring admins for minecraft, we don't have the time to check the server 24/7. Even if theres bigbrothers enabled. Also, there was a big fire in the past when minecraft was public at the time, and bigbrothers was not able to recover most of the stuff destroyed. I think enabling would cause more problems and then less people will be on the whitelist in the long run.

MLGPro
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by MLGPro » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:00 am

Ryan wrote:They don't use it for griefing because it's blocked. duh.
Do you want a gold sticker for being so special?

MLGPro
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by MLGPro » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:04 am

nick_6893 wrote:Up to ant on enabling TNT. My opinion is no for the TNT/firespread. Since where not hiring admins for minecraft, we don't have the time to check the server 24/7. Even if theres bigbrothers enabled. Also, there was a big fire in the past when minecraft was public at the time, and bigbrothers was not able to recover most of the stuff destroyed. I think enabling would cause more problems and then less people will be on the whitelist in the long run.
I understand why you don't want firespread but disabling TNT removes a huge portion of minecraft. All the guys like Ryan and Xseba360 never actually play on the server so they are just trolling. Please consider re-enabling it because it is a fun and very, very big part of the game.

Jack
Former Server Admin

Post by Jack » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:22 am

I agree with the fag over me, but .... If we enable TNT we get the annoying creepers back, right?

Problem with TNT is TNT cannons ._.

btw, I think tnt work in nether.

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 pm

MLGPro wrote:
Ryan wrote:They don't use it for griefing because it's blocked. duh.
Do you want a gold sticker for being so special?
Platinum instead plz. kthnxbai.