damage filter off?

naruto5422
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

damage filter off?

Post by naruto5422 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:40 am

Hello ant,

I hope you are reading this, I just wanna ask why you have the damage filter off or its just broken?
like i would love to create an npc citizen that can move at my command and attack other npc with damage filter on.
or spawn a turret_floor freeze in mid air before it falls over. set relationship to attack on coming hordes of zombies trying to get into my base. like have a small have a dm in the server if the players wishes. make 2 bases and set turrets in midair for protection or just spawn npcs to help us :) but idk. but maybe you turned it off cause of en "error"? or crashes the server?

Xseba360
Server Admin

Re: damage filter off?

Post by Xseba360 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:29 pm

naruto5422 wrote:Hello ant,

I hope you are reading this, I just wanna ask why you have the damage filter off or its just broken?
like i would love to create an npc citizen that can move at my command and attack other npc with damage filter on.
or spawn a turret_floor freeze in mid air before it falls over. set relationship to attack on coming hordes of zombies trying to get into my base. like have a small have a dm in the server if the players wishes. make 2 bases and set turrets in midair for protection or just spawn npcs to help us :) but idk. but maybe you turned it off cause of en "error"? or crashes the server?
Wut?

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 pm

so are u askin for damage filter on.. or are u askin to be added to the-yah i agree with xseba try to be more clear
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me

naruto5422
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by naruto5422 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 am

ok when ever i use a turret_floor and setrelationship to target players or other npc, but it wont do damage see. you spawn one have it target/attack an npc combine and it firing but the npc isnt taking damage. so im guessing the damage filter is messed up or what? just i want the npc : combine/citizen/alyx/vortigaunt/gunship/helicopter ect. to do damage to the players.

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 am

naruto5422 wrote:ok when ever i use a turret_floor and setrelationship to target players or other npc, but it wont do damage see. you spawn one have it target/attack an npc combine and it firing but the npc isnt taking damage. so im guessing the damage filter is messed up or what? just i want the npc : combine/citizen/alyx/vortigaunt/gunship/helicopter ect. to do damage to the players.
no chance. valve fucked it up already.

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Xseba360 wrote:
naruto5422 wrote:ok when ever i use a turret_floor and setrelationship to target players or other npc, but it wont do damage see. you spawn one have it target/attack an npc combine and it firing but the npc isnt taking damage. so im guessing the damage filter is messed up or what? just i want the npc : combine/citizen/alyx/vortigaunt/gunship/helicopter ect. to do damage to the players.
no chance. valve fucked it up already.
no, ant just didnt set the sk_ values on the server[well, not all of them, seeing as the vort can kill stuff.]
*edit: well, did valve fuck it up in a recent update because it has been a while since ive played hl2dm
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me