Vote ban for no reason

Forum rules
Some form of proof must be provided or your report will not be considered.
ninjachewie
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Vote ban for no reason

Post by ninjachewie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 pm

The boss and simzo are vote kicking and almost banned my friend becuase they dont switch to rebals when they want and they have no power on the server so i thought i would just let u know
CHEWIECHEWIECHEWIECHEWIE MMMMMMMMM

ant_8490
Site Admin

Re: Vote ban for no reason

Post by ant_8490 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:30 am

Ok. But just as a FYI, a voteban only lasts 5 minutes.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 am

Similar thing happened to me on the cheat server about 12 days ago [long story], this guy called TheDutchKing was spamming about 20 barrrells, told him to stop but i think i pissed him off, so he convinced 2 players named bob and henry. They votebanned me for exacly 3 times. luckily benhyde stopped the chain i had to disguise my name as
Rogue - Neck just to remain in the server :x [it should still be in the server logs i think] around 10:00 A.M.
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:40 am

The only commands that get logged are the ones the admins execute.

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:59 am

:x
Ryan wrote:The only commands that get logged are the ones the admins execute.
...in that case, SHIT :evil:

jimmythecanadian
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jimmythecanadian » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Look, it's pretty obvious you aren't telling the full story. People wouldn't start votebanning you or your friends unless you guys were doing something disruptive. (Button stealing, being an asshat, etc.)

All we have to do is ask TheBoss, so why don't you save some time and give us the full version right now? Better that you give us your version first right?

Btw things like this are why I made this thread: http://www.area51cheatserver.com/forums ... =17&t=1770

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Jimmy, somewhere on this forum, there is a thread wholly about russians taking over the cheat server and vote banning anyone who wasn't russian. So there is the possibility. Furthermore, why would he be vote banned 3 times consecutivley?

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:42 pm

:shock:
Ryan wrote:Jimmy, somewhere on this forum, there is a thread wholly about russians taking over the cheat server and vote banning anyone who wasn't russian. So there is the possibility. Furthermore, why would he be vote banned 3 times consecutivley?
I knew it, the russians r disguising their names as bob or dutchking or any one[exept for [GR]Henry]. As far as i know, shadowslayer, bowie, or anyone who doesnt have a mic could be russian :o

jimmythecanadian
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jimmythecanadian » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:29 am

TheBoss and simzo aren't russian so that isn't likely.

Plus he said he and his friends were votebanned because they weren't wanted on combine. Whoever did it knew English (to tell him a reason for the voteban) and had a purpose other than being random, so that eliminates the Russians.

I have never seen someone get votebanned from combine for no reason, so I can only conclude that ninja has withheld important details. (likely he was stealing/spamming buttons)

I wasn't responding to myback btw his story is something different altogether.
Last edited by jimmythecanadian on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 am

myback wrote::shock:
Ryan wrote:Jimmy, somewhere on this forum, there is a thread wholly about russians taking over the cheat server and vote banning anyone who wasn't russian. So there is the possibility. Furthermore, why would he be vote banned 3 times consecutivley?
I knew it, the russians r disguising their names as bob or dutchking or any one[exept for [GR]Henry]. As far as i know, shadowslayer, bowie, or anyone who doesnt have a mic could be russian :o
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:15 am

shadowslayer wrote:
myback wrote::shock:

ok maybe a little overeacted, lets just say anyone who isnt in [GR], doesnt have a microphone, or know proper english could be russian[but there are a few russians in [GR]. happy now shadow :mrgreen:?

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:41 pm

yes, yes i am.
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me

ninjachewie
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by ninjachewie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 am

noit was becuase they wanted to dual and we werere playing correclt and they were going to vote ban for us not dualing but i havnt seen anyhing else since
CHEWIECHEWIECHEWIECHEWIE MMMMMMMMM

kyo
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by kyo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:53 pm

no comment. :|
Nobody's perfect...and since I'm nobody, that makes me perfect!