DragonVille griefed.

DrTrollWTF
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

DragonVille griefed.

Post by DrTrollWTF » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:54 am

Hello everyone. I'm ThePastaAvenger on the server. Let me get to the news.

So, I logged in today to mine some iron and gold to make clocks and compasses for the store. I decided to see what was happening to the hotel while I was gone. I saw that all the "Private" signs were removed, and I thought "Okay, the admins did it, now I can make something new" as I owned the hotel. Back outside, I saw that there was a "Gilavalo's Hotel" sign (can't remember the name). Ok. I turned to my house, and I saw water pouring down Robin's shop. I then clogged the water. However, something of interest in his shop caught my eye. Indeed. Griefed walls. The walls and floors were griefed. I turned back and everything I didn't notice before was griefed. Even my house. Lava was pouring down one house, and the mines were penetrated. Only the stone houses and the hotel remained untouched. I don't know what happened, nor if anything was done to Rustyville. But I hope that we can rebuild this, and stop the griefer.

Regards,
-DrTrollWTF

nick_6893
Site Admin

Re: DragonVille griefed.

Post by nick_6893 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 am

Ok well the only people that could have griefed the town are the residents. No outside person can grief as its protected. A massive environment fire destroyed josh's house yesterday which was gay but I cant fix it cause the bigbrother plugin is not rolling back properly. I've disabled fire spreading and where going try another method to make backups. Literally, coping the entire minecraft folder per hour or so from a program where going to make.

r0aringdrag0n
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by r0aringdrag0n » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am

1st: I can make that program for you, if you want
2nd: We gotta live with the devastation...there is natural disasters in the real world...well Minecraft shouldn't be any different
3rd: We're going to have to restart the map at Beta 1.8 anyways...so oh well
"push to test, release to detonate"
MINECRAFT, ENOUGH SAID, PLAY NOW
[GR]Roaringdragon

nick_6893
Site Admin

Post by nick_6893 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:13 pm

r0aringdrag0n wrote:1st: I can make that program for you, if you want
2nd: We gotta live with the devastation...there is natural disasters in the real world...well Minecraft shouldn't be any different
3rd: We're going to have to restart the map at Beta 1.8 anyways...so oh well
1: We can make the program. It's not that hard.
2: Someone caused the fire to start. Wasn't natural.
3: Where are you reading that?

r0aringdrag0n
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by r0aringdrag0n » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:57 pm

2: there are pyromaniacs in the Realworld...
3: 1.8 is going to bring a lot of new things which the pre-generated sections of the world won't have...if there are important blocks...then we won't find them easily
"push to test, release to detonate"
MINECRAFT, ENOUGH SAID, PLAY NOW
[GR]Roaringdragon

trfrace1999
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by trfrace1999 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 am

just go into new generated chunks the world of minecraft is around 16x the earth so it shouldn't be hard to find new chunks i would only reset the map if

1. too many chunks explored and takes an hour just to find a new chunk

2. umm... pigeons

but if there are important blocks sell em in the spawn shop