RLCS Season 2

Stuntman0007
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

RLCS Season 2

Post by Stuntman0007 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:29 am

Gratz to Flipsid3 who took first place. Mockit was second and Take 3 were actually the highest placing NA team, shocking me and many others.
As the probably designated person who is addicted to Rocket League, I'ma take the opportunity to talk about the largest Rocket League tournament. Any team can compete and each region, Europe and NA (North America) will have several weeks of games until each have 4 teams left. They recently had the regional finals to decide the seating for the grand finals, and some money was involved for these too.

EU regional finals highlights
Spoiler
Show
NA regional finals highlights
Spoiler
Show
These 8 teams will play in the grand finals the first weekend of December, for a first prize payout of $50,000 in a double elimination tournament. These players are very good at what they do, and while the impressiveness isn't fully known by anyone who hasn't played the game, it's still a really entertaining watch, and I think, in my completely biased and one-sided opinion since I don't watch esports, one of the best intros to esports.

Here is some info about the teams

--------------------EU--------------------
Northern Gaming Image
Spoiler
Show
The Players: Remkoe, Maestro, Miztik
Info/History: They were in the previous grand final and made it to the semifinals of winners bracket but lost two games to finish third. They lost gReazymeister from that season to Flipsid3 tactics. They are currently the 2nd seed for EU
Mockit AcesImage
Spoiler
Show
The Players:Paschy90, ViolentPanda, Deevo
Info/History: Mockit were in the RLCS season 1 grand finals, but lost their first two games to get knocked out early. They are known for demos and knocking players out of the way, and making this type of playing more popular. Paschy90 is the only player from the team from last season, and one of the players he let go is in Precision Z which also made it to the final four. They are the third seed for EU.
Flipsid3 TacticsImage
Spoiler
Show
Players:Markydooda, Kuxir97, gReazymeister
Info/History: These are probably the heavy favourites for winning the entire event. The last grand finals saw this team lose their first game, and win every other game to play the team that knocked them down in the finals. They lost the final game to get second place, but the team that won last year was unable to make it into the final four, and I among others favour them to win. Their sub is Jhzer who is known best for his freestyle goals and youtube uploads. His channel is linked. Both Markydooda and Kuxir97 are considered the best players in the world, and the finals highlights show this very well, especially the shot where Kuxir made a shot backwards to where he was going in the first replay. Flipsid3 are the first seed for EU.
Precision ZImage
Spoiler
Show
Players: Sikii, Kaydop, Skyline
Info/History: Sikii was booted/fired/whatever from Mockit Aces and formed his own team that has done very well to get where they are. I would expect Mockit to beat them but it's close. They are the fourth seed for EU.

--------------------NA--------------------
Orbit EsportsImage
Spoiler
Show
Players: Turtle, Moses, GarrettG
Info/History:This team played in the previous grand final as Exodus, and they are now Orbit Esports because of a sponsorship (I believe at least, wasn't able to find a source on this one, just remember hearing it before). The roster is the same, and they can control the game very well at times. They are the 2nd seed for NA.
NRGImage
Spoiler
Show
Players: Fireburner, Sadjunior, Jacob
Info/History: They played in the previous grand final as Kings of Urban. They came in that season as the top seat and lost 2 games in a row. They are the first seed for NA again this season.
GenesisImage
Spoiler
Show
Players: Klassux, Espeon, Pluto
Info/History: They were the fourth seed in last season's grand final and won one game. The only roster change since then is losing Quinn Lobdell for Klassux. They are similar to last season. Genesis is the third seed for NA
Take 3Image
Spoiler
Show
Players: Zanejackey, Insolences, Rizzo
Info/History: They are new this season. I haven't seen them play a lot but I wouldn't give them good odds to win. That said, all of the teams are so close in quality that almost anything can happen during the LAN finals. Take 3 are the fourth seed.
Well,
Maybe You're now interested in watching the finals. Or nobody will give a shit. Either way, Here is some information into the scene of professional rocket league. Honestly, these teams are close enough in quality that any game would be good to watch, so hopefully you'll tune in at some point since the games are going all weekend just about. And at least if you don't watch any rocket league, then watch this poor Flipsid3 cameraman who fell off the stage last season.
Mew I'm a bunny!