Peter Brev

Re: broken AFK kickign system.

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:10 am

Did someone understand something?

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 am

Peter Brev wrote:Did someone understand something?
I tried but I couldn't..
Aya :3

Nightmare-Rex
Server Admin

Post by Nightmare-Rex » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Aya wrote:
Peter Brev wrote:Did someone understand something?
I tried but I couldn't..
:( well basicaly i sed that after 5 rounds i THINK that they stoped gainign hours and admin stats BUT after map change for another 5 rounds there ranks go up, this can really rack up when theres only 3 ppl on (1 afk) and map gets rtved ofton. 2nd the afkers when there are alot fuck uup rtv and suld NOT count againt a person who haent rtved.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm

I still can't get it.

Nightmare-Rex
Server Admin

Post by Nightmare-Rex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Peter Brev wrote:I still can't get it.
ok in fucking shortest easest way i can think of i was on today and quckly had 11 in admin minutes next map he racked to 29 next map he racked to 36 every map change means you are rewarded for 5 rounds of AFK. i dont know how to explain it simpeler i can upload screens.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =200317797

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =200317842

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =200317866

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =200317893

i had screenshots of when he had 11 minutes but u seemed to of lost those while that is not alot that is within 30 mins. imagine what it racks up to when you got rtv happy peaple and hes afk for hours at end.

and to explain them fuckign with rtv simple explanation is imagine theres 8 players on only 3 are active and they all rtv now what do we do about the other 5 afk players that are not there to rtv.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 pm

I understood what you were saying before but thats just the way sourcemod is. The "OnPlayerPutInServer" function is ran everytime you join the server. This includes on map changes (when the map loads, its like u just joined the server), so you AFK value is set to "false" again.

The only way to fix this would be to have an external database or keyvalue file keep track of who was AFK on the previous map, and apply/continue that setting on the next map. This is sort of why models and effects settings dont stay on map changes. An external database would be needed for this also.

I'm sort of in the mood for coding something so ill see what i can do.

Edit: Updated plugins... should not count up at the start of each round if you are AFK. Also, as for the rtv issue, that's a default SM plugin, so there's nothing i can do about that at the moment.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Nightmare-Rex
Server Admin

Post by Nightmare-Rex » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:47 pm

ant_8490 wrote:I understood what you were saying before but thats just the way sourcemod is. The "OnPlayerPutInServer" function is ran everytime you join the server. This includes on map changes (when the map loads, its like u just joined the server), so you AFK value is set to "false" again.

The only way to fix this would be to have an external database or keyvalue file keep track of who was AFK on the previous map, and apply/continue that setting on the next map. This is sort of why models and effects settings dont stay on map changes. An external database would be needed for this also.

I'm sort of in the mood for coding something so ill see what i can do.

Edit: Updated plugins... should not count up at the start of each round if you are AFK. Also, as for the rtv issue, that's a default SM plugin, so there's nothing i can do about that at the moment.
yea i was explaining to those who dont becuase i guess my english still sux :(.