Requesting pban |A7|Quicky™

Forum rules
Some form of proof must be provided or your report will not be considered.
SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Requesting pban |A7|Quicky™

Post by SuperNovaX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Banning people is how you lose players just like not getting rid of players who shouldn't be there anymore. If things don't change lots of players will keep losing and in the end the server might go dead. Your choice,change things or have your server have the chance of going dead. Don't get mad at me for saying the truth.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:13 pm

SuperNovaX wrote:Banning people is how you lose players just like not getting rid of players who shouldn't be there anymore. If things don't change lots of players will keep losing and in the end the server might go dead. Your choice,change things or have your server have the chance of going dead. Don't get mad at me for saying the truth.
If you have to "silence" someone, that means they HAVE to be doing something very wrong and probably shouldnt be allowed to play anyway.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

ant_8490 wrote:
SuperNovaX wrote:Banning people is how you lose players just like not getting rid of players who shouldn't be there anymore. If things don't change lots of players will keep losing and in the end the server might go dead. Your choice,change things or have your server have the chance of going dead. Don't get mad at me for saying the truth.
If you have to "silence" someone, that means they HAVE to be doing something very wrong and probably shouldnt be allowed to play anyway.
Yea but players still get away with that because half the time the ones who should be "silenced" don't get anything. Play more and you'll see.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:13 am

When I first got an admin about 1 year and 7 months ago,there were 2 players who were pgagged.

They were always talking on mic very nice so I've never even noticed they were pgagged.

I ungagged them since their pgag was made in 2 years ago and the admin was already gone.

My point is they kept playing for those 2 years.

Average age of this server is about 13 or 14.

No kids have guts to talk so nasty on mic like they talk in chat or they don't even have a mic .

And there's no other dr server so I bet they don't stop playing because they lost chat ability.

And you're the one who removed respect rule so being disrespectful for "right" amount of time is not exactly against the rule so the situation must be different now.

And that "right" time is different for each person.

For these reasons,I believe there's a reason to have access to pgag again.

It's not late to ban them after,isn't it?
Aya :3

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:33 am

I'm really not a fan of admins having the ability of pgag.

The pmute is understandable, but for chat spam, the gag is enough; if avoid and repeated, then the ban tool should be used.

If you really wanted to pgag someone after multiple gags and bans, you should contact Ant so he can trigger the pgag from the cmd.

Now, it is true that you don't want an empty server and you want to limit the bans, still I'm not a fan of admins having the pgag ability.

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:42 am

And I'm not a fan of ban cmd.
Aya :3

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:48 am

Yeah, I understand it.

I'm not a fan of spammers too.

[GR]Manlord TD
Server Admin

Post by [GR]Manlord TD » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:03 am

Well I agree with half of Nova's statement, when you ban you do indeed lose players. If they are people like ricky, where they are here just to spite Admins and annoying players THEN we lose even more players.
I am Manlord, for every person I DESTROY it's just another giant step for MANLORD kind.

Sub 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/attackslug
They're a 3 man band!