1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Map Locker

Post by SuperNovaX » Sat May 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Xseba360 wrote:
myback wrote: Ginger Dog?
how bout 'Orange Dog'?
also get on steam
So we have a ginger dog, a black dog and an orange dog? That's wonderful.

Ontopic: What you could do is find some videos and watch a few or ask some friends if they know how to do this and ignore most of these lovely people, they have quite a great humor and like to be total buttheads when they get a new person.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Sat May 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Peter Brev wrote:I found a way to complete lock it like Valve HL2 maps, but I don't want to share it.
Using the general lock Tools, info_target, Tools/lock texture or anything like this will still be decompiled by bsp source.
It's in the hammer map tutorials, if I remember right. Albeit people can still disable that with entspy.
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat May 18, 2013 5:57 pm

shadowslayer wrote:
Peter Brev wrote:I found a way to complete lock it like Valve HL2 maps, but I don't want to share it.
Using the general lock Tools, info_target, Tools/lock texture or anything like this will still be decompiled by bsp source.
It's in the hammer map tutorials, if I remember right. Albeit people can still disable that with entspy.
Even with those method, bsp source can still decompile it.

hl2mapper
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by hl2mapper » Sun May 19, 2013 1:48 am

Xseba360 wrote:spawn logic_auto, give it a name and make it so it removes "worldspawn" onmapspawn then remove the logic_auto using stripper:source plugin

@ant's method
you probably would have to rename it each time you update server or do something cron jobs related
Hey,

I have created a logic_auto entity and named it "crasher" and have made it remove "worldspawn" onmapspawn.

Now how would i remove logic_auto with source stripper?

It says:
To filter an entity from the map, each entity block contains properties that you wish to match against. For example, the following block will remove any entity that is a hostage:

Code: Select all

filter:
{
"classname" "hostage_entity"
}
Would i replace "hostage_entity" with crasher_entity or something?

Thanks for your help

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sun May 19, 2013 7:09 am

I found this map locker on a different community I play on.
I didn't read the topic so Idk is someone posted these methods...
3 Possible ways.

1)

Go onto any point entity such as 'light_environment' then turn off smart edit and press add.
Next make a Key with the name of 'no_decomp' and with a value of 1.

This is very easy to overcome but a clueless moron would never be able to get into the map!

2)

The second level is to create a texture called 'locked' using vtfedit and any random picture.
Place this texture into your HL2DM materials folder in a folder called tools. You may need to create the tools folder. Make a 1x1x1 brush with this texture.

This level is far harder to remove and for some reason stops the decompile process.

3)

This final layer of protection is almost impossible to remove without a lot of knowledge on how bsp files are written.

It is very basic and easy to add and it greatly reduces the chances of your map being decompiled.
Download this file: http://www.bagthorpe.org/bob/cofrdrbob/ ... tector.zip and open it in hammer then copy and paste it into your map anywhere. Do not edit it in any way except its position. Make sure that it is not touching anything as well.
Last edited by Demon on Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicdel
Server Admin

Post by Nicdel » Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 am

Your link fails.
Ingame: -[SaD]- Nico

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sun May 19, 2013 7:24 am

Demon wrote:I found this map locker on a different community I play on.
I didn't read the topic so Idk is someone posted these methods...
3 Possible ways.

1)

Go onto any point entity such as 'light_environment' then turn off smart edit and press add.
Next make a Key with the name of 'no_decomp' and with a value of 1.

This is very easy to overcome but a clueless moron would never be able to get into the map!
You use info_target for this, not random entity.
Demon wrote: 2)

The second level is to create a texture called 'locked' using vtfedit and any random picture.
Place this texture into your HL2DM materials folder in a folder called tools. You may need to create the tools folder. Make a 1x1x1 brush with this texture.

This level is far harder to remove and for some reason stops the decompile process.
It can still be decompiled with BSP Source.
Demon wrote: 3)

This final layer of protection is almost impossible to remove without a lot of knowledge on how bsp files are written.

It is very basic and easy to add and it greatly reduces the chances of your map being decompiled.
Download this file: http://www.bagthorpe.org/bob/cofrdrb.../protector.zip and open it in hammer then copy and paste it into your map anywhere. Do not edit it in any way except its position. Make sure that it is not touching anything as well.
Nicdel wrote:Your link fails.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 am

hl2mapper wrote: It says:
To filter an entity from the map, each entity block contains properties that you wish to match against. For example, the following block will remove any entity that is a hostage:

filter:
{
}

Thanks for your help
In that case, replace with logic_auto. However, you may want to filter by "name" and not classname so you can still use logic_auto's in ur map. If your not using it anyway then don't worry about it.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sun May 19, 2013 8:23 am

As I said... I copied this from the community I play on. I didn't check the link sec.

Edit:
Link: http://www.bagthorpe.org/bob/cofrdrbob/ ... tector.zip

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 am

hl2mapper wrote: It says:

filter:
{
}

Thanks for your help
use this:
filter:
{

"classname" "logic_auto"
"targetname" "crasher"
}
this will remove any logic_auto that has name crasher.