Travis

Forum rules
Some for of proof must be provided or your report will not be considered.
Demon
Server Admin

Re: Travis

Post by Demon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

MrProjektZ wrote:You cancelled his vote, it says dont use commands on the other admins. So you used a command on travis' vote. bro.
Yea, his VOTE not him directly.
What I mean is kicking, banning.

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin

Post by MrProjektZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Demon wrote:
MrProjektZ wrote:You cancelled his vote, it says dont use commands on the other admins. So you used a command on travis' vote. bro.
It doesnt say only kicking and banning, it says ALL COMMANDS BRO. and you cant cancel travis directly, so you cancel his votes bro thats the closest thing so it counts as using a command on him. so you using it on him. bro
Psn: ProjektZ96

FalZen
Former Server Admin

Post by FalZen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Demon wrote:
Admins are doing it all the time? So why make a report now?

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Learn to read announcement comments.
Says kick/ban for now.

"[GR]Ant_8490{A} Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:20pm
Mainly just kick/ban for now. For other commands like /troll, if its just a joke (and the other person will understand it is a joke) and not spammed its ok. Stuff like /timebomb should only be used people delaying or afk and /burn shouldnt be used at all since it serves no purpose other than annoying/lagging people."

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Demon wrote:
myback wrote:Please explain to me why the current admins get away with kicking/banning other admins?
What happened to this: :arrow: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gravit ... 7607541570
Exactly what I was looking for right now just to bring awareness to people that do not realise this isn't right.
Since I didn't use a command on Travis himself but his vote I am not worried about loosing admin if Travis looses it.
Ur right about that, banning someone for canceling a vote? That they didn't even make?
I just don't see why they get away with it.

And to all of you who are posting memes, the absolute least you could do is
Spoiler
Show
it -_-
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Unknown_Daddy wrote: Admins are doing it all the time? So why make a report now?
Why now? because admins are using kick/ban on me.
I don't really care if an admin bans a different admin, his choice and I can only tell the banned admin to report the other admin since I cannot ban/kick him for banning/kicking the other admin.

Edit:

Next time be more careful before you post and read EVERYTHING because I will not repeat my self and if you miss it then it's your own fault and you must be dumb.

FalZen
Former Server Admin

Post by FalZen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 pm

myback wrote: And to all of you who are posting memes, the absolute least you could do is
Spoiler
Show
it -_-
Better?
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Super_ ... 443375.jpg

EDIT: (Spoiler dosen't work) :S

Snoap
Former Server Admin

Post by Snoap » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Still, admin's shouldn't be allowed to change the map on people's request
Demon Seriously?
Weeks back before you resigned, you and another admin were making "changemap" votes all the time.
Ant said that you could make a vote after 8 rounds, or something and you abused that, so often.
Don't act like you're the holy boy, cause you've done that yourself. I've done it once, and i haven't even counted how many times you did.

EDIT: And this wasn't because people asked for it, it was because you didn't like the map.
Example of one time you did this:
Allstars > 8 Rounds > vote.

EDIT2: We were constantly getting spawnkilled, people asked for the map, 89% voted yes. How is that not fair?
You made the vote for yourself, and not because the server needed a new map, or people wanted a new map, you changed it for your own favour.
Last edited by Snoap on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crushed dreams and broken hearts!

Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.

словами не передать

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Unknown_Daddy wrote:
myback wrote: And to all of you who are posting memes, the absolute least you could do is
Spoiler
Show
it -_-
Better?
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Super_ ... 443375.jpg

EDIT: (Spoiler dosen't work) :S
No, not better and btw if you read all other topics on the forums instead of marking "mark as read" then you would notice that Ant has enough of people going off topic so gl.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Snoap wrote:
Still, admin's shouldn't be allowed to change the map on people's request
Demon Seriously?
Weeks back before you resigned, you and another admin were making "changemap" votes all the time.
Ant said that you could make a vote after 8 rounds, or something and you abused that, so often.
Don't act like you're the holy boy, cause you've done that yourself. I've done it once, and i haven't even counted how many times you did.
Yes I did that but as you see I am not doing it any more since it's not fair.

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

I am agreeing with Demon.I can't agree more with him.

As he said :

If players actually want to change the map, they just have to type rtv, it's not that hard, + commands are showing in the chat (In green).
Travis didn't had to guide them so the players need to vote.Plus, if he was only making a vote to change the map to another one, even if there was OTHERS solutions to delete the "spawnkill" problem, so if Travis only made a vote in order to make a real RTV, with having the choice of at least a few maps like in the basic rtv vote, I wouldn't be so harsh.But right now he just gave to the players one choice, wich I think is unfair seeing the ability of the players to think and type "rtv" in chat.Travis just influenced them to vote for his map, because that was the only one he was showing as the "solution" of the spawnkill.Or there was other, almost everyone knows them, I won't write them again, just looks at Demon's posts.

But the fact that Demon just cancelled his vote isn't nice too.He could have used admin chat, or steam.

And just to clear things : Both Demon and Travis are nice players in their own ways, both make nice maps, and both of allstars_v3 and Iceworld are nice maps.I don't want to take a definitive side, this isn't a war, we therefore need a united admin team.The solution ? Do like me and some other, invite every admin to be in your fl and create a special "Area 51 admins" category, and then if there's a problem just message them.

Also, all maps are nice in their own ways.The ones that talks about "Heerr bro huurr kidz this map won ur just a mad mapper :P " are total kids, and sorry for the saying, but thoses need to get back to the primary school if they are keeping this mentality.

So let's recap :

1) - The Travis's act :

The problem :Travis used an admin command to influencate players to change the map to his.
Why ? Because of the spawnkill.
Is this fair ? At my point of view, not because if players really wanted the map to change, they would have done an rtv themselves.
Was there any other solution ? Yes.He could have freezed the players at the beginning, restarted the map or just make the players unkillable for a few secs.Plus, if it was really a 'bag ass' like we say in france, he could have made an rtv with the maps that has already been nominated.
So for me - Travis acted bad as an admin.

2) - Demon's replie to Travis's unfair vote :
Did he overreacted ? No.Maybe Travis and Demon had some 'bad luck' in their 'friendship' but each of them did not overreacted.Demon used, in my point of view, the worst solution : Deleting Travis's vote.He could have used admin chat or steam, or the chat group.

3) Travis's ban :
That was NOT needed, an oral/writed explain/warn would have been better and maybe it would have oslve the problem easily.

4) The fate of the wrestlers :
No admin removal.A simple warn would be the best solution.

5) - Assemssment of the case :
Wa need a better, united admin team.We need good admins that don't overruse commands/make favoritism.We need an admin team that actually promote egality and democracy on the server.We need a unite admin team ! How to do that ? Add each pther to your friend list even if they are not a friend of yours.Learn to use the admin/group chat.And let's stop making shitty reports about each others, but we won't stop until admins learn to talk before using their .45 semi-automatic /kick /ban /vote pistol.

----------------------------------------------

I said all I got to said on that case.
If you was too lazy to read it all, before posting a 11 year old boy comment, just read this, this is the main message :
Spoiler
Show
We need an united admin team so we can apply law on the server without worrying about the other's feeling, so we can discuss properly like gentlemens instead of making shitty reports that shows to the other people how much we are non-organized.Bot of the 2 admins involved in this dark case are both innocent and guilty.
PS : I'm kinda tired and sickness hit me.If I made bad grammar or faults, or if you didn't understood, ask me and I'll make a clearier version of it when I have time.
PPS : Im just saying my opinion as an admin and a long-time player.Thanks for considering as it is, I don't want to go on a specific side or to start a fight.

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Demon wrote:
Cpt.Travis wrote:
Yes I will cancel any vote which I think is either stupid or unnecessary
There we go, the main problem why you got banned. To avoid a admin fight based on "cancelvotes" or "vote command" this could be going on forever I found the easiest solution and I took it. If this ban was consisting of rage after what you said about my map earlier then I would have banned you for way longer, there is a reason why it was 1 minute and not premanent. As you stated you do w/e you want when it comes to unecessary or stupid votes(Which by that time you didn't even know if it was stupid or unecessary, my idea why you cancelled it was via a personal problem about my map). Admins are there for the population purpose and to hold control and maintain people. Which what I was doing. People wanted something else and they requested it therfor I did as they pleased. The funny thing is 90% of the ppl pressed yes for a map switch(How come the vote is unecessary then?) After the map switch we almost got 30 ppl in the server. We have had this discussion before. This server isn't all about you, the world doesn't roll around you.

So I hope that people can understand instead of seeing this 1 sideded only (Alot of kids does that and they go like "Omg u banned demon just for cancelling ur vote, wtf?".

My thoughts are that your vote was totally based on a hatred agenda against me, might be jelousy duo to I get unwanted attention from alot of ppl by the method I play or made a populare map that's alot more populare than yours combined.
Because I don't see else wise why you would randomly start hating me when I never talk to you.
Last edited by Cpt.Travis on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm

This still doesn't prevent the fact that you banned Demon, which is intolerable :l
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin

Post by MrProjektZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Blade wrote:just make the players unkillable for a few secs
whats that command huh???? HUH??!?!!!
Psn: ProjektZ96

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm

myback wrote:This still doesn't prevent the fact that you banned Demon, which is intolerable :l
Did you even read or understand anything I wrote? Or is this just another 1 sided guy who only sees it this way. "Omg you banned demon, its abuse"