Warzone/Arena suggestion

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Warzone/Arena suggestion

Post by commander fury » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello everyone :D

Today someone just provoked me in a duel for a mining conflict.I found ores, but he told me that it was his old mine so technically it's his ores, I didn't trust him because his fac wasn't owning this territory, neither there was any proof of past life in the tunnel that we was digging.Being we two in peaceful factions we decided to go dueling at the arena, the warzone, but we couldn't, even there our peaceful status was still on.

So I have a suggestion, if the arena is for dueling purposes, why not deleting peaceful status when we enter in it ? We would, of course, put panels to warn the un-informed citizens of peaceful factions.
That would be easier to fight even when being peaceful, but only for fun/particular purposes/misunderstanding between two persons.To not make it a battlefield.

Just an idea that could make the server a little bit more better, tough it's already the best I know so far on minecraft !

Thanks for reading,

Elias.

deadalive200
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Re: Warzone/Arena suggestion

Post by deadalive200 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, as Far I as I know there really is no option to do that, though there might be, I don't think there would be any tile to "remove" Peaceful status for a few mintues, Thus Undermining the whole use of the Peaceful Status, Also. Ant has made a rule that says any peaceful faction taking place in non-peaceful things should not have peaceful, or have that status removed, So also conflicting with Ants rules themself 8-)
---EDIT---
Hey Ant, I also wanted to ask, If Anyone has actually taken a good walk of Sunville, They might have seen a Round like Arena. I've made that before Kalrathia fell, And always Wanted it to become a type of Offical Arena, And I knew that if I ever wanted to actully use is, I would eather have to Unclaim-Reclaim each time I use it, Or I would have to let Ant Claim it under Warzone, Witch if and when we Get Old Sunville under control, I would like very much
Last edited by deadalive200 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it is the more people that hate me, the less I have to get along with."

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:15 pm

No, if you gonna apply for peaceful you stay that way or you loose that status.

deadalive200
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by deadalive200 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Demon wrote:No, if you gonna apply for peaceful you stay that way or you loose that status.
Agreed
"The way I see it is the more people that hate me, the less I have to get along with."

deadalive200
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by deadalive200 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Lol, He did it :lol:

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

It is possible to make in sort that we can hurt/ in the arena, even with being in a peaceful faction (Part pick on the official website of the factions plugin) :
War Zones

Server admins can also create war zones, somewhat similar to safe zones. These zones however are not safe from PVP and monsters. Further, they can be configured to have friendly fire enabled (PVP between allies and faction members) and can be configured to have power loss disabled in them.
Peaceful Factions

There is a special “peaceful” status which can be set for any faction by server admins / moderators using /f peaceful [faction tag]. Members of peaceful factions cannot deal or receive PvP damage (unless in a war zone which has friendly fire enabled), cannot claim land from another faction and likewise can’t have their land claimed, and cannot be considered as ally or enemy of any other faction. Faction admins and moderators of peaceful factions can enable/disable all explosions inside their faction’s territory at will using /f noboom. The main purpose of this “peaceful factions” is to provide a way for more peaceful players who don’t want to take part in faction wars (or just want to take a break from them) to still have fun on the server. It is also meant to allow groups of players to make protected buildings, monuments, grand constructions, and so forth without having to worry about another faction destroying them.
As the arena is mainly there for dueling purpose, either serious stuff or for fun, I think that it would be totally normal, and worth it, to configure the parameters so we can fight properly in the arena, even while being in a peaceful faction.I don't see any bad points to making that, because members wouldn't grief or kill the other members that are off the limits of the arena.

There wouldn't be big wars.Only an honorable way to solve conflicts between two persons.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Someone is afk, you push him in the arena from 15 kilometers, then kill him.
Seems legit. xD
Keep in mind that what i say is not static, it is dynamic.
Years, months, weeks, and days after i say something, i can say the opposite.

Koolflamez
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Koolflamez » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm

well it would be nice to dual with friends when ur peaceful.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 pm

/home
/spawn
/duel?

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanx for the support, guys.
po0ka wrote:/home
/spawn
/duel?
That would be a nice idea.

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin

Post by MrProjektZ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Quick question, can you guys connect to the MC server? did the IP change or something? because im trying it and I cant connect. Keeps saying "end of stream"
Psn: ProjektZ96

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 pm

MrProjektZ wrote:Quick question, can you guys connect to the MC server? did the IP change or something? because im trying it and I cant connect. Keeps saying "end of stream"
Same, I cannot connect to the server anymore.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Shit i was about to join :'C

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

John Freeman wrote:
MrProjektZ wrote:Quick question, can you guys connect to the MC server? did the IP change or something? because im trying it and I cant connect. Keeps saying "end of stream"
Had some error in console about generating a structure.... idk, but its back on now
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 am

ant_8490 wrote:
John Freeman wrote:
Had some error in console about generating a structure.... idk, but its back on now

BuT.But but but...May I...May I ask...for...My idea ? Maybe ?