Mapping info

Peter Brev

Re: Mapping info

Post by Peter Brev » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 am

Exorcist wrote:does this have to be in deathmatch, or can it be a third party game such as a mod lik black mesa source?
Either a mod or a map playable on hl2, ep1, ep2.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Forgot: MP or SP?

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Stefan wrote:Forgot: MP or SP?
both are correct.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 am

I would rather go for sp

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Uno, 45 minutes of gameplay are a shitload of work. Even professional mapping teams would need several months to create a map like this, but we're doing this just for fun, so 45 minutes are quite a lot.

I'd say even 20-30 minutes are a lot as well but I'd be fine with 20mins.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Stefan wrote:Uno, 45 minutes of gameplay are a shitload of work. Even professional mapping teams would need several months to create a map like this, but we're doing this just for fun, so 45 minutes are quite a lot.

You are right.
I've never seen maps lasting 45 minutes. - except if you place waves of monsters coming at you, with the equivalent of 10 min of monsters spawns, wandering around to find what to do, and shits.

Wouldn't it be better if we could slice the map in 2 levels?
Keep in mind that what i say is not static, it is dynamic.
Years, months, weeks, and days after i say something, i can say the opposite.

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 pm

po0ka wrote:
Stefan wrote:Uno, 45 minutes of gameplay are a shitload of work. Even professional mapping teams would need several months to create a map like this, but we're doing this just for fun, so 45 minutes are quite a lot.

You are right.
I've never seen maps lasting 45 minutes. - except if you place waves of monsters coming at you, with the equivalent of 10 min of monsters spawns, wandering around to find what to do, and shits.

Wouldn't it be better if we could slice the map in 2 levels?
thats obvious, isnt it? I dont remember a good sp map which was consisting only of 1 level, and it lasted 20+ minutes. Even valve maps last from 5 to 10 minutes.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Yea, i was like "wtf" when i replayed all the game being older xD
It took 5 min and BAM loading in my face the other level... They're too short, especially town :C

Also i think i can send some "test" maps for a new mod i would create if i would have time and non-lazyness, map1 is already 90% done.
Keep in mind that what i say is not static, it is dynamic.
Years, months, weeks, and days after i say something, i can say the opposite.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 am

po0ka wrote:Yea, i was like "wtf" when i replayed all the game being older xD
It took 5 min and BAM loading in my face the other level... They're too short, especially town :C

Also i think i can send some "test" maps for a new mod i would create if i would have time and non-lazyness, map1 is already 90% done.
What I was meaning, your map(s) can be sent whenever you want till the 30th August.
Last reminder: if you think 45 is too much, there's no problem if you shorter it. But it must be at least 15 min.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Cpt. Goomba wrote:
po0ka wrote:Yea, i was like "wtf" when i replayed all the game being older xD

What I was meaning, your map(s) can be sent whenever you want till the 30th August.
Last reminder: if you think 45 is too much, there's no problem if you shorter it. But it must be at least 15 min.
That's great, thanks :> Merry Christmas :)