[GR] Stan's Admin Application

Forum rules
- This is to apply for basic admin on the Deathrun Server.
- Make sure you have fully read the "[MUST READ] Admin Requirements" post first, before applying for admin.
FalZen
Former Server Admin

Re: [GR] Stan's Admin Application

Post by FalZen » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm

B.U.G wrote:Never had problems with anyone.
He doesn't speak English that well but you're able to understand him .
And also sv needs admins
So yeah, why not .
Yeah and specially when u play that much like Stan does at the moment!

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 am

Unknown_Daddy wrote:
And also sv needs admins
So yeah, why not .
Just because he's playing alot for the moment then that doesn't mean he will stay like this for a longer period.
Stan have been in the server for a logn time. From periods he plays alot while some other periods he's inactive alot. He's around rank 80 now and he has been around the server for 2 years or so, if I remember correctly.
Some players are just better left as respected players. If you just have a look at his quote then you can really see how bad his english is. I for sure wouldn't want admins with that kind of english if I owned the server.
Like I said earlier, I and other players have tried to speak with him in the voice chat alot of times before where we get no responses. So let's say if a random player needs help from Stan and that random player asks for it, what are the chances that Stan will even respond to that?

For all we know Stan might be using google translate right now to communicate with us.

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Post by awesomedude » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 am

Cpt.Travis wrote:
[GR] Stan wrote:name: [GR]Stan

steam id : STEAM_0:1:12113357

microphone: yes

have i been admin on other servers? no i have not applied on any other server because i have not wanted to apply but this is my favorite server and i want to apply for admin

why should i be admin: because i am a good rule follower and i will not be abusing the rules
Voting no because:
First of all if you really want admin and if you really are 21 years old then you should have written a longer and better application.
So I think you are lying about your age.

Your english is bad, I never see you communicate with any1 in the server. When you get spoken to you never respond.

quote: "why should i be admin: because i am a good rule follower and i will not be abusing the rules" true you follow the rules, but I doubt that you would ever enforce the rules to the players.
This reminds a lot of Vårkåtsimle's application.

-Vårkåtsimle's application is actually shorter than Stan's, yet you had no problem with his application.
-Vårkåtsimle claims to be 20, you still believed that although his application sucked (as well).
-Vårkåtsimle never talked (lately he started throwing a few badly composed sentences every 30 minutes or so), but you still voted yes for him and defended him from everyone else.

Travis, no offense, but I think you take these reports to personal. You vote based on your own relationship to the individual players, not on their capabilities as an administrator.
Shit happens

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 am

Vårkåtsimle started insulting me as soon as he knew I was french. He also has a racist behaviour against me. I don't know his problem but I actually did nothing against him since he found I was french. From now, I just ignore him.
So yes, Stan can have a change being admin, he also said I was cute (lol). Anyway, I hope he will get, at least, Trial Admin.

po0ka
Former Server Admin

Post by po0ka » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 am

Cpt.Travis wrote:
Unknown_Daddy wrote:
And also sv needs admins
So yeah, why not .
Just because he's playing alot for the moment then that doesn't mean he will stay like this for a longer period.
Stan have been in the server for a logn time. From periods he plays alot while some other periods he's inactive alot. He's around rank 80 now and he has been around the server for 2 years or so, if I remember correctly.
Some players are just better left as respected players. If you just have a look at his quote then you can really see how bad his english is. I for sure wouldn't want admins with that kind of english if I owned the server.
Like I said earlier, I and other players have tried to speak with him in the voice chat alot of times before where we get no responses. So let's say if a random player needs help from Stan and that random player asks for it, what are the chances that Stan will even respond to that?

For all we know Stan might be using google translate right now to communicate with us.
As for me, i don't only play half life 2 deathmatch, i play some other games, at different moments, last week, i was more on minecraft, now i came back on hl2, but it won't last long. Some of us work with waves of games.
Also, it's better having him using google translate than seeing 10x worst sentences.
Keep in mind that what i say is not static, it is dynamic.
Years, months, weeks, and days after i say something, i can say the opposite.

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

I understand what awesome wants to say.
Like when BUG got an admin..
Not much people knew him at that moment but Travis stood behind him and supported him 100%.(It turned out well in that case though)

At the same time I think Travis is not taking things personally.
In my opinion,he is quite a connoisseur of seeing real faces of people.
I think he feels so strongly about him wanting new admin buddies to be able to communicate and work as a team.
Who has to deal with new admins most and messes they make on the server is always experienced admins .
It's quite annoying.
It seems like you guys have most(too many) admins who can barely speak English at this moment.
And people here do vote on how good their friendships are or how skilled they are in dr.
I suggest asking experienced/active admins who they think should become admins is much better than listening to what people have to say on here.
Does it always have to be 15+yo with bad English but active over 15-yo,mature,native English speakers or maybe not enough hours?
This still doesn't make any sense to me.
Aya :3

Brotherhood Of Nod
Former Server Admin

Post by Brotherhood Of Nod » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 pm

The drama that occurs in Area51 is worst than the Twilight-wannabe girls starting arguments at my school...
Cpt. Goomba wrote:Vårkåtsimle started insulting me as soon as he knew I was french. He also has a racist behaviour against me. I don't know his problem but I actually did nothing against him since he found I was french.
Though it is not my decision on who gets admin and such, I still think Ant should just pick who gets admin not by their interaction towards players, but by observing them, even with an Alt account.

Of course, admins are picked to regulate the server from any kids who start breaking rules while playing as a normal person, but what kind of admin team would it be for this kind of shit to happen? Sure, who the fuck cares of someone is trolling another person in an odd way, but admin trolling another admin? Logic right there.
Spoiler
Show
Oh look...
Spoiler
Show
I made dis.

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:04 pm

awesomedude wrote:
Cpt.Travis wrote:
[GR] Stan wrote:name: [GR]Stan

steam id : STEAM_0:1:12113357

microphone: yes

have i been admin on other servers? no i have not applied on any other server because i have not wanted to apply but this is my favorite server and i want to apply for admin

why should i be admin: because i am a good rule follower and i will not be abusing the rules
Voting no because:
First of all if you really want admin and if you really are 21 years old then you should have written a longer and better application.
So I think you are lying about your age.

Your english is bad, I never see you communicate with any1 in the server. When you get spoken to you never respond.

quote: "why should i be admin: because i am a good rule follower and i will not be abusing the rules" true you follow the rules, but I doubt that you would ever enforce the rules to the players.
This reminds a lot of Vårkåtsimle's application.

-Vårkåtsimle's application is actually shorter than Stan's, yet you had no problem with his application.
-Vårkåtsimle claims to be 20, you still believed that although his application sucked (as well).
-Vårkåtsimle never talked (lately he started throwing a few badly composed sentences every 30 minutes or so), but you still voted yes for him and defended him from everyone else.

Travis, no offense, but I think you take these reports to personal. You vote based on your own relationship to the individual players, not on their capabilities as an administrator.
Awesomedude you only see 1 sides in people, their first impression. While I've been around these players for a long time.
Vårkåtsimle have communication skills and he has been around deathrun for a very long time, I had many different reasons to vote for him.
Your saying that I'm voting on personal needs. None of these guys are my friends and I don't speak with them in private.
In also a different case I voted yes on your application and we never spoke in personal matters and we were never friends.

Why would you want Stan as admin? Are you sure that's nothing personal?

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Well I said my opinion on my post, so please stop going offtopic or replying on my vote. It's for Ant and Stan.
And people should really reconsider their votes these days. I see alot of guys writing "I vote yes because he is a pro player" or " I vote yes because he's funny". Mostly of you guys vote yes after skills and activicity.

B.U.G
Former Server Admin

Post by B.U.G » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Wait a freaking moment.....
If he have 21 years old why his english sucks ?!
I mean at 21 years old u should know much more english , cauze u finished a high school .
Neutral here until someone can explain to me .

[GR] Stan
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by [GR] Stan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 pm

B.U.G wrote:Wait a freaking moment.....
I mean at 21 years old u should know much more english , cauze u finished a high school .
I finished the college well but for reason personnel I do not have was able to learn English as it would be needed.
the death of my father has all has was very difficult to overcome the problem of or misses it English knowledge I am rather scientist and thus I am good in maths :)

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm

B.U.G wrote:If he have 21 years old why his english sucks ?!
If he is 21yo*
Sorry for going offtopic but...C'mon now... he doesn't have 21yo.
Anyways..It's not about age.
It's about each countries have their own education systems.
Not everyone studies English as their 2nd language..
Or it could be personal matters like his case.
Last edited by Aya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aya :3

phil_4319
Former Server Admin

Stan wants Admin. (Yes/No)

Post by phil_4319 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

i Know stan and hes able to Chat with other players. And he is a friendly and clean guy.

21 years should be mature enough and this Server or ant try to get more new Admins for the Server.

Vote: green

My opinion the deathrun goes down...too much players leave...the Gameplay is very sad cuz noone talks(aya) or Chat so more and more players leave. Sure in some days there are many players on but still be very quiet on deathrun .
Just my opinion dont flame me...it was very funny on this Server but it cant be fun for ever.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[GR]Phil_4319{A}
......:::Image:::.....
...:::Image:::...
소환사의 갈라진 틈에 오신 것을 환영합 니다
sohwansaui gallajin teum-e osin geos-eul hwan-yeonghabnida

B.U.G
Former Server Admin

Post by B.U.G » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm

[NBG]Aya wrote:
B.U.G wrote:If he have 21 years old why his english sucks ?!
If he is 21yo*
Sorry for going off topic but...C'mon now... he doesn't have 21yo.
C'mon , really ?!

B.U.G
Former Server Admin

Post by B.U.G » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm

[GR] Stan wrote:
B.U.G wrote:Wait a freaking moment.....
I finished the college well but for reason personnel I do not have was able to learn English as it would be needed.
the death of my father has all has was very difficult to overcome the problem of or misses it English knowledge I am rather scientist and thus I am good in maths :)
Zory to hear dat >.>
Anyways neutral ...
Gud Lock ..