I've got a few new problems...

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

I've got a few new problems...

Post by fire1000678 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 am

Kay, first, my prop_static that I'm using for my buttons (not the actual buttons just to looks at) dont appear. It could be cuz I'm doing fast compile but I dunno.
Second, my second trap doesn't work at all. I want it to push a func_physbox that has a trigger_hurt parented to it, killing anyone it touches, but the item doesn't get pushed :'(
Third, I have two sphere's and they both have weird lines in between the textures (hao to fix)
Fourth, I have a laser trap and the end sprites don't go away after the lasers finish (may have just thought of a fix, will come back in a sec with it)
And fifth, I can't think of any unique type endings. I don't feel like making a bhop (:P), but AWP and Old is fine. Oh, maybe I'll do phyfight :D
Oh and yea, almost forgot, I have a custom song installed and it doesn't play :( could be cuz its just a compile, and a fast one at that.
Thanks guys!
Edit1: Yea found a fix for the fourth thing (I was killing the lazers instead of toggling :P)

Final Edit:
Map is released, only minor errors remain. Thanks for the help of everyone :D
Last edited by fire1000678 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
上手ですか?

"Just as the tree and the earth need each other for life, so is the body and the soul, for without the other, one is nothing."

Ingame Name: [GR]人生Positively Shinobi{A}

Demon
Server Admin

Re: I've got a few new problems...

Post by Demon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 am

fire1000678 wrote:Kay, first, my prop_static that I'm using for my buttons (not the actual buttons just to looks at) dont appear. It could be cuz I'm doing fast compile but I dunno.
Second, my second trap doesn't work at all. I want it to push a func_physbox that has a trigger_hurt parented to it, killing anyone it touches, but the item doesn't get pushed :'(
Third, I have two sphere's and they both have weird lines in between the textures (hao to fix)
Fourth, I have a laser trap and the end sprites don't go away after the lasers finish (may have just thought of a fix, will come back in a sec with it)
And fifth, I can't think of any unique type endings. I don't feel like making a bhop (:P), but AWP and Old is fine. Oh, maybe I'll do phyfight :D
Oh and yea, almost forgot, I have a custom song installed and it doesn't play :( could be cuz its just a compile, and a fast one at that.
Thanks guys!
Edit1: Yea found a fix for the fourth thing (I was killing the lazers instead of toggling :P)

1) The button may not supposed to be a prop_static, try other things like prop_dynamic.
2) Make a trigger_push where the func_physbox spawns, make sure you click the flags tab and select the appropriate boxes.
3) It is probably the texture so you should try scaling the texture up or changing it into a different texture.
4) -
5) Hmmm try to make a big brainstorm of what people like. I suggest doing a Nuke ending. :P
6) Make sure the song is a .mp3 format, .wav is good too but it takes up a lot of space when pakrating it.

EDIT:
Here is my tutorial on how to put custom sounds into the map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clD6dGmIERM

Hope it helped. :P

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Yea I figured out how to get the song in (The .mp3 is on the ambient_generic and all, it just doesn't play I don't think :<)
1. Alright, yea I should've thought of that earlier :P
2. OH okay. I don't have the func_physbox spawning, it starts spawned so that could be it :D Should the trigger push just be where the func_physbox spawned or in the entire line in the direction it is going?
3. Oh yea. Duh.
5. Alright, I like a nuke type ending, instead of Noob :D
6. Already said above :>
Thanks a lot, I'll try some of this out later today, will edit back to you later :D
上手ですか?

"Just as the tree and the earth need each other for life, so is the body and the soul, for without the other, one is nothing."

Nicdel
Server Admin

Post by Nicdel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Better use point_push with spawnflags 18. You can adjust the magnitude there.
Ingame: -[SaD]- Nico

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Yea that works better, your right. I found out why the song wasn't working, accidently deleted it from my sounds after adding it xD
Edit1:
Fixed the texture glitch, the texture is weird, does that even on normal brushes :< Haven't recompiled to check the push trap yet, I'll look later :P
Also, hao to make the nuke effect? I know its just a trigger_hurt in the combine area, but how bout the flash?
上手ですか?

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Shit, another problem, this one MUCH more serious. My map has the '# solids are unable to be loaded' or whatever error. I was like fine, whatever, but then ALL my entities that aren't brush entities (trigger entities may still be okay, i didn't really check) were gone. Wtf what can I do to fix this :<?
It will be a SHIT TON of make-up work to fix, almost enough to demotivate me from finishing, really. Every fucking point entity gone....
上手ですか?

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 am

fire1000678 wrote:Shit, another problem, this one MUCH more serious. My map has the '# solids are unable to be loaded' or whatever error. I was like fine, whatever, but then ALL my entities that aren't brush entities (trigger entities may still be okay, i didn't really check) were gone. Wtf what can I do to fix this :<?
It will be a SHIT TON of make-up work to fix, almost enough to demotivate me from finishing, really. Every fucking point entity gone....
You can delete the file and start all over again. I had same problem when I was making deathrun_amazing, and I had to start all my map. By the way, when your compile window has finished, copy all your compile window, open internet go to : www.interlopers.net/errors and paste it and look for any errors.

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Already knew interlopers :> and hellno not restarting. If there is no solution, I'll just live with creating new point entities.
上手ですか?

[GR]doodleninja
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by [GR]doodleninja » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

fire1000678 wrote:Yea that works better, your right. I found out why the song wasn't working, accidently deleted it from my sounds after adding it xD
Edit1:
Fixed the texture glitch, the texture is weird, does that even on normal brushes :< Haven't recompiled to check the push trap yet, I'll look later :P
Also, hao to make the nuke effect? I know its just a trigger_hurt in the combine area, but how bout the flash?

fire1000678
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by fire1000678 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:33 pm

[GR]doodleninja wrote:
fire1000678 wrote:Yea that works better, you is right. I found out why the song wasn't working, accidently deleted it from my sounds after adding it xD
Edit1:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
lrn2spoiler
also lrn2contribute
上手ですか?

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:26 am

Doodle seriously? You just spam the whole fucking forums with images all over the topics which is not on topic, Seriously I think you should take a break from the forums before you just fuck up something, or at least don't post so much images/useless comments which are not on topic. Sorry for being off topic but I had to say this.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

[GR]doodleninja wrote:
fire1000678 wrote:Yea that works better, your right. I found out why the song wasn't working, accidently deleted it from my sounds after adding it xD
Edit1:

You gonna tell us you're the best in languages? :P

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:55 pm

fire1000678 wrote:Already knew interlopers :> and hellno not restarting. If there is no solution, I'll just live with creating new point entities.
You'll have to. There's no way to get all your stuff back. At the point you have a wrong entity with a wrong model, when you will compile map, you'll have an error. This error will affect your entities to not work proprely. I was kinda angry losing my work when I was doing mad, and I didn't want to start it all over again. But after some time of reflexions, I just did all back again. When you do a map, be sure to check over and over again your entities before compiling, or whenever you will restart hammer, all will be fucked. If you need help of anything, contact Demon or if you doubt on something, we may help you if you're doing the right choices. I got now solid knowledges about hammer and I know how to make a map proprely (like dm_metal_fight who took me a mounth), but I'm far to be the best mapper. Anyway, feel free to contact us on forums too.

[GR]doodleninja
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by [GR]doodleninja » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Left4Freeman60 wrote:
[GR]doodleninja wrote:
Edit1:

You gonna tell us you're the best in languages? :P

Pls don't quote its spam and ant will be mad :>

Spoiler
Show
Spiler this then, but this had to be said ^tard ;)