Some questions about mapping

jacketsj
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Some questions about mapping

Post by jacketsj » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 pm

1st, how do I make spawners team specific?
2nd, how do I add presents? (if I will be the one to add them)
thats all i have, but plz answer!
My favorite number of the alphabet is green. Period, do not discuss it. :D

ant_8490
Site Admin

Re: Some questions about mapping

Post by ant_8490 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 pm

The deathrun plugin generates the presents, so u dont have to worry about that at all. Same for the weapons at spawn (the mod gives everyone a crowbar and removes all others)

Team-specific spawns:
info_player_rebel (make about 30-40)
info_player_combine (make about 4-6)
info_player_deathmatch (make 1 - sets up the spectate view when someone enters the server)
**Note: dont use any info_player_start
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

jacketsj
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by jacketsj » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 pm

none of those except info_player_start appear for me. note: im using the 2009 engine, because when i use the mp engine, it gives me some errors, though they don't appear there either.
thats kink of weird, you know whats going on ant? or anyone else?

edit: nvr mind, fixed it, needed the hl2mp game data file
My favorite number of the alphabet is green. Period, do not discuss it. :D

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 am

jacketsj wrote:none of those except info_player_start appear for me. note: im using the 2009 engine, because when i use the mp engine, it gives me some errors, though they don't appear there either.
thats kink of weird, you know whats going on ant? or anyone else?

edit: nvr mind, fixed it, needed the hl2mp game data file
If your mapping for hl2dm, use Source Engine MP, if you want to use Source Engine 2006, you have couple of problems, but to fix it, go on YouTube, search for Demon's YouTube channel and he will show you.
Anyway, it's very important that you use info_player_deathmatch. Why ? Even if you go deathmatch way, player_start goes on deathmatch mode and not on teammatch mode. Well, it's a bit confused to understand this because player_deathmatch and player_start are quite the same thing.

If you use 2009, there will some couple of things to do to make it works. Search on YouTube. Personally, since MP Engine came, I don't use 2009. I'm using MP, I've tested out 2006 and it works too.

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Left4Freeman60 wrote:If your mapping for hl2dm, use Source Engine MP, if you want to use Source Engine 2006, you have couple of problems, but to fix it, go on YouTube, search for Demon's YouTube channel and he will show you.
You should use the MP engine tho cuz 2006 is more buggy and more crash likey
Left4Freeman60 wrote:Anyway, it's very important that you use info_player_deathmatch. Why ? Even if you go deathmatch way, player_start goes on deathmatch mode and not on teammatch mode. Well, it's a bit confused to understand this because player_deathmatch and player_start are quite the same thing.
no. it's mp_teamplay affecting it. it doesnt matter u use info_player_start/deathmatch as u can play HL2SP maps in HL2MP and there is no such thing. original GM_Flatgrass uses info_player_start .... and ... it doesnt make a fucking diffrence does it.
Left4Freeman60 wrote:If you use 2009, there will some couple of things to do to make it works. Search on YouTube. Personally, since MP Engine came, I don't use 2009. I'm using MP, I've tested out 2006 and it works too.
or use mine tutourial as it works for any engine (2006,2007,2009,MP)

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Xseba360 wrote:no. it's mp_teamplay affecting it. it doesnt matter u use info_player_start/deathmatch as u can play HL2SP maps in HL2MP and there is no such thing. original GM_Flatgrass uses info_player_start .... and ... it doesnt make a fucking diffrence does it.
Theres a bunch of info_player_start on that map and you all spawn at the same point i think. I'm pretty sure info_player_start overrides all other spawn points - at least thats what it used to do a long time ago.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Xseba360
Server Admin

Post by Xseba360 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 pm

ant_8490 wrote:
Xseba360 wrote:no. it's mp_teamplay affecting it. it doesnt matter u use info_player_start/deathmatch as u can play HL2SP maps in HL2MP and there is no such thing. original GM_Flatgrass uses info_player_start .... and ... it doesnt make a fucking diffrence does it.
Theres a bunch of info_player_start on that map and you all spawn at the same point i think. I'm pretty sure info_player_start overrides all other spawn points - at least thats what it used to do a long time ago.
decompiled map.
shitloads of info_player_starts
goes into hl2dm -> always spawns @ 1 spawnpoint
goes into gmod -> spawns @ random spots
Spoiler
Show

MOONWALKER
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by MOONWALKER » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 am

ant_8490 wrote:The deathrun plugin generates the presents, so u dont have to worry about that at all. Same for the weapons at spawn (the mod gives everyone a crowbar and removes all others)

Team-specific spawns:
info_player_rebel (make about 30-40)
info_player_combine (make about 4-6)
info_player_deathmatch (make 1 - sets up the spectate view when someone enters the server)
**Note: dont use any info_player_start
Thanks for the info.