[GR] Roaring Dragon

Forum rules
Some for of proof must be provided or your report will not be considered.
Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Re: [GR] Roaring Dragon

Post by Cpt.Travis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 am

ant_8490 wrote:
caleb wrote:I swear to God everything would be fixed if Ant and Nick were the only ones with admin powers.
I agree
Or perhaps add a better age requirment.
Making the admin age requirment 18+ would get you more mature admins. You already know how old your admins are from the admin applies and the avrg age is probaly around 13. Mostly of the probaly lied about their age. People might say that admins under 15 or 18 can be mature, some might be some aren't, but it all comes down to lack of knowledge. 18+ admins have alot more knowledge than underaged people around 13-16.

Raymond
Former Server Admin

Post by Raymond » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 am

It's about time all of this got settled...

Don't worry about changing the age requirement because there's always exceptions, unfortunately right now there are practically none..

caleb
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by caleb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 am

I think the change Ant just made will solve much of the problems. The main issue at hand is (this may sound mean) but many of the current admins aren't mature enough, and don't have enough sense to uphold a discretionary rule. What do I mean by that? I'll give an example, speeding. If a policeman pulls you over for speeding, unless he's a highway patrolman (they never give warnings, only tickets), you might get off with a warning, or a ticket. What happens is the officer looks at your driver record, he also takes note of how respectful you are to him, how fast you were going, the road you're on etc. He is not required to write a speeding ticket every time he pulls someone over for speeding, he has the discretion to let it slide, or take other action. The "disrespect" rule is not a clear cut rule. no glitching, no cheating, no holding the mic button down for an extended period of time; those are clear cut rules. The disrespect rule allowed way too much room for interpretation, and when you get a bunch of kids or immature admins who get admin powers, they get power hungry and want to constantly be governing something.

Cheers to Ant for figuring this one out. I think things will begin to vastly improve once all the admins are made aware of the change. and I ++++ the statement Travis made about age requirements for admin.

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:13 am

Now I just hope the some players will not act more immature since that rule is removed.
Aya :3

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 pm

[NBG]Aya wrote:Now I just hope the some players will not act more immature since that rule is removed.
Things were fine back when I played deathrun regularly, and we didn't have that shitty rule to protect our feelings.