[GR] Cpt. Travis {A} - Admin Abuse

Forum rules
Some for of proof must be provided or your report will not be considered.
swagga4life
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

[GR] Cpt. Travis {A} - Admin Abuse

Post by swagga4life » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I am a big fan of the deathrun server and find it to be one of the best games I have come across. I love it so much that I decided to donate to keep such a great server going. I have always had a good time on this server until I met [GR] Cpt. Travis {A}. From the start he has always harrased me via the ingame voice system, taunting with things like "u mad bro". I can appreciate and understand this as in game competition shit talking, which is ok, however whenever I also do something like this I am muted. Earlier today, I was in the server and there was another player, who I had some words with. Instead of asking us to stop, or anything, he simply mutes me, favors "Aya" and says "lets see if that stops him". While in another conversation with a friend ingame [GR] Caleb I sarcasticly said oh im here to harrase people, for the mear fact to show how this travis person does nothing but make it his goal while I am in the server to mute or ban me. What d oes he do? Immediatly says Oh so thats what your here for, just WAITING to ban me, I explained the sarcasim and he again says " Last time, are you here to harrase people" Its rediculous. Why would I pay money on a server to harrase people. As a supporter of this server, as a donator, and as a player, his presence is that of Hitler. It is very selective and if you are not his friend, he will abuse his admin powers with no regard for anyone else. I think this is something that should not be tolerated in a server where paying customers are treated like crap, and are allowed to be disrespected, however its not ok if the admin is disrespected. I hope something is done from this, and I hope this persons admin rights are removed. Dont let a good thing be ruined by this person.

And after reading this persons admin request " Why you should be admin: I would like to be an admin because I want to prevent all spammers, mic spammers, people ruining the gameplay for other people and mainly because I am playing very often on the server. Usually people will just behave as long as an admin is online. I would use the admin powers only if it's needed to, orelse I will just stay back and play."

It is very sad to see this person was unable to keep there word and go against what they said when they applied for admin.

Kind Regards,

swaGGa 0:1:91221

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Re: [GR] Cpt. Travis {A} - Admin Abuse

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm

swagga wrote:Hello All,

This is my first post here. I am a big fan of the deathrun server and find it to be one of the best games I have come across. I love it so much that I decided to donate to keep such a great server going. I have always had a good time on this server until I met [GR] Cpt. Travis {A}. From the start he has always harrased me via the ingame voice system, taunting with things like "u mad bro". I can appreciate and understand this as in game competition shit talking, which is ok, however whenever I also do something like this I am muted. Earlier today, I was in the server and there was another player, who I had some words with. Instead of asking us to stop, or anything, he simply mutes me, favors "Aya" and says "lets see if that stops him". While in another conversation with a friend ingame [GR] Caleb I sarcasticly said oh im here to harrase people, for the mear fact to show how this travis person does nothing but make it his goal while I am in the server to mute or ban me. What d oes he do? Immediatly says Oh so thats what your here for, just WAITING to ban me, I explained the sarcasim and he again says " Last time, are you here to harrase people" Its rediculous. Why would I pay money on a server to harrase people. As a supporter of this server, as a donator, and as a player, his presence is that of Hitler. It is very selective and if you are not his friend, he will abuse his admin powers with no regard for anyone else. I think this is something that should not be tolerated in a server where paying customers are treated like crap, and are allowed to be disrespected, however its not ok if the admin is disrespected. I hope something is done from this, and I hope this persons admin rights are removed. Dont let a good thing be ruined by this person.

And after reading this persons admin request " Why you should be admin: I would like to be an admin because I want to prevent all spammers, mic spammers, people ruining the gameplay for other people and mainly because I am playing very often on the server. Usually people will just behave as long as an admin is online. I would use the admin powers only if it's needed to, orelse I will just stay back and play."

It is very sad to see this person was unable to keep there word and go against what they said when they applied for admin.

Kind Regards,

swaGGa 0:1:91221
Bring some proof of me abusing my admin instead of talking shit about me. I cba to spend my time on threads like this when you are talking full of shit without any kind of proof.

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Post by awesomedude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 pm

It's unbelievable how ridiculous these reports are getting

jimmythecanadian
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jimmythecanadian » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 pm

I've seen swagga play and have never seen him be anything but polite, and Travis is a great admin imo, we need admins like him to strike fear into the hearts of troublemakers ya know. So I think you two should just forget about it and move on..

So I can't comment too much on that, but I take issue with this.
I think this is something that should not be tolerated in a server where paying customers are treated like crap, and are allowed to be disrespected, however its not ok if the admin is disrespected.
You didn't pay for anything. It was a donation. My issue is that you're sort of implying that a donator should be given special treatment, perhaps better treatment than other players, which I think is wrong. For the record I did donate after realizing that I've spent over 300 hours here and I should sort of pay up lol, so this isn't coming out of some sort of envy.

Anyway I hope you guys sort out your issues.

swagga4life
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by swagga4life » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 pm

"by awesomedude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 pm

It's unbelievable how ridiculous these reports are getting"

Is it really? Ever stop to think all these "ridiculous" Posts are centering around one admin? I never posted before here in my life, I wasnt even registered until today. I went to these great lengths so this terrible admin can be removed. Look on this forum, so many people hate this person because of how they treat others. I am not the first nor will I be the last. I am done posting here, as its just feeding Travis' nonsense life. People play games to have fun, not to deal with 19 year old brats with admin that choose to ruin other peoples experience as they please by abusing admin. As far as my donation, yea I would like some "special treatment" Because these servers wouldnt be what they are if it wasnt for donators. And I would be very surprised if Ant or Nick didnt say they appreciated us donating to thank them for what they do. I enjoy these servers, I do not enjoy this admin, and I think with all the other complaints, I would hope the owners finally can see the effects this admin has on others. Get rid of him already.

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Agreed with jimmy, you don't donate to the server to get special threatment, but you donate to keep the awsome server alive. I've donated 3 times so far, but still it doesn't make me more special than others.

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Post by awesomedude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:30 pm

swagga wrote:"by awesomedude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 pm

It's unbelievable how ridiculous these reports are getting"

Is it really? Ever stop to think all these "ridiculous" Posts are centering around one admin? I never posted before here in my life, I wasnt even registered until today. I went to these great lengths so this terrible admin can be removed. Look on this forum, so many people hate this person because of how they treat others. I am not the first nor will I be the last. I am done posting here, as its just feeding Travis' nonsense life. People play games to have fun, not to deal with 19 year old brats with admin that choose to ruin other peoples experience as they please by abusing admin. As far as my donation, yea I would like some "special treatment" Because these servers wouldnt be what they are if it wasnt for donators. And I would be very surprised if Ant or Nick didnt say they appreciated us donating to thank them for what they do. I enjoy these servers, I do not enjoy this admin, and I think with all the other complaints, I would hope the owners finally can see the effects this admin has on others. Get rid of him already.
Swagga im sorry if my post offended you, it was an unnecessary comment.

You're right that some people think travis should get his admin removed (yes, some might even hate him), but a lot of these people are simply mad, because they got muted or kicked for something.
Travis is one of the most enforcing admins, which can be interpreted as him being evil.
I personately think he's a great admin, however, i can't change the way you feel about him.

Regarding my previous post, as you may have read, most of the admin/player reports are made without proof and any thoughts at all. I now realize your unlike those players.

btw Ant and Nick do appreciate our donations. Awesomedude
Shit happens

caleb
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by caleb » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm all for a strict admin as long as he/she is consistent. And that is not the case with this particular admin.

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:35 am

Not going to say anything else.

NoSoul4Evr
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by NoSoul4Evr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 am

Ryan wrote:Image
Ouch, im there -.- xD

Calicoke Jack
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by Calicoke Jack » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 am

swaGGa and [GR] Caleb were both being trolls that day trying to instigate stuff with anyone. anything they say should be disregarded/deleted. and if proof is needed

[GR] Sagittarius ♐ : take the trails pls
*SPEC* [GR] caleb : rtv
[GR] Sagittarius ♐ : ty
*SPEC* BARTMAN : RTV ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
*SPEC* Pink_Angel <3 : RTV]
[SM] =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] wants to rock the vote. (6 votes, 10 required)
*SPEC* =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] : rtv
swaGGa suicided.
-[DR]- swaGGa has failed!
*SPEC* =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] : 4 moar
*SPEC* Pink_Angel <3 : 4 RTV
Server Chat Commands: !admins, !stats, !top10, !top100, !rules, votekick, voteban, votemute.
[GR] Sagittarius ♐ suicided.
-[DR]- [GR] Sagittarius ♐ has failed!
[GR] caleb : no problem. I have no problem taking my awesome trails off of people's asses if they aren't faggots about it
*SPEC* =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] : lol

[[GR] Cpt. Travis {A} : Well when people says something I take it serious
[GR] Cpt. Travis {A} : So answer my question
<Armstrong><Brasil> suicided.
-[DR]- <Armstrong><Brasil> has failed!
swaGGa suicided.
-[DR]- swaGGa has failed!
Join the Cheat/Build Server at www.area51cheatserver.com:2302
*SPEC* Λnal Probe □мвр□ : what was it?
*SPEC* [GR] Aya's (>..)> : they just being trolls lol i muted the douches
[GR] Cpt. Travis {A} : Swagga I tell you once more, are you here to harras people?
Pink_Angel <3 suicided.
-[DR]- Pink_Angel <3 has failed!
Pink_Angel <3 : dOH
=(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] suicided.
-[DR]- =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] has failed!
*SPEC* =(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] : lawl
bmar connected
To listen to music, type: !music or !stopmusic to stop listening.
*SPEC* swaGGa : No, I am here to make BFFs
Полный Провал suicided.

[DR]- Scoring Enabled: Round Start!
---<GO>---
[GR] caleb : WarMage because you aren't being a dicksack, if you want i will remove them from you
=(e)=™Doubl3_k!LL[GR] : here is 16:49
Полный Провал : omg
swaGGa : Cpt. Travis, are you here to harras me?

They were worse on the voice chat, i guess i can start running fraps when something like this happens. Props to Travis!!

Blagho
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Blagho » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 am

Ryan wrote:Image
What i have to say is most of those reports were over nothing or just stupid...

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 am

I have checked over the logs many times and I've been in the server a bunch and I have seen no abuse. That's why I'm hesitant to either remove him, warn him, or do nothing. It's like some people want him gone on the basis of ever single command he uses is abuse, or others are not against him since they are good friends.

My decision will only be based on the actual video and image proof that was provided as well as the admin logs. An admins job is simple: you chat spam - you get gagged, you voice spam - you get muted, you interrupt gameplay - you get kicked, anything that happens more than once - you could get banned. That's how things run. I know some admins may be harsher than others but if they are following those guild lines, then I see no reason to remove them. I will not remove an admin just because a few people don't personally like him.

Close to 500 people connect to the server per day and Travis has played there for close to 850 hrs. Out of all those people, only a handful have complained and even less have had a valid arguement. I will be observing all the admins closely this weekend. And I will end by saying: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CHOOSE TO REPORT. IF I FIND THAT YOU ARE REPORTING JUST BECAUSE YOU PERSONALLY DISLIKE THEM, IT MAY JUST BACKFIRE ON YOU.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I agree with Blagho,those are usually players crying over Travis being a pro player..

I was there that time and I feel sorry for Travis cause he kinda did it for me.
Well you can see what happens on Jack's console.

I asked people to take off the fire+energy core trails off because that was causing lag on my crappy pc and other players also.
I didn't ask them in any rude way but soon as i asked it Swagga called me a bitch(on mic)-no proof.

Well what I wanna say is he likes troll on people.
That wasn't the first time he did.

Anyways Ant explained everything and I feel sorry for this is the 2nd time in this week that he is explaining about how he thinks about Travis being a good admin..
Please don't make more work for Ant.

Tratra you're so popular people are always bitching about you :) I'm your biggest fan :D just saying :P
Aya :3

Blake
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Blake » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Just throwing this out there (keep in mind I ain't saying I'm Mr.Perfect) but recently I have noticed people being very rude to new comers or random people joining and being complete jerks to admins & players. Also I have even heard that some of the admins being extremely rude to players for no given reason (Can't think of specific admins of the top of my head)

And lastly this post will probably be ignored since everyone thinks I'm just a troll or (*Insert Ignorant Comment Here*).
Unkown wrote: Life’s too short to worry about the little things.
Albert Einstein wrote: You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.