Admin Test?????

[GR]JoKeR
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Admin Test?????

Post by [GR]JoKeR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:58 am

i think that possibly we should have a step programish thing for people to have to do before they "earn" admin rights to the server. Im getting a little sick of people getting rights and then abusing them i haven't been on the server for awhile and today i got the crap annoyed out of me by a new admin, im not talking crap in anyway shape or from the guy has potential to be a good admin for the server.
any ideas for what could be done?
i already have a few but i would like to see what others think before i post anything more on the topic

Nicdel
Server Admin

Re: Admin Test?????

Post by Nicdel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 am

I have to agree Joker. A test would ensure that the admin isnt a spammer or a noob. Ill think about how it could be done :)
Ingame: -[SaD]- Nico

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 am

Seems like a good idea, if anyone can come up with a way to test players. Thats the hardest part because most of the time, admins are selected based on their forum applications, which really doesn't say much about if they will actually be good admins.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

[GR]JoKeR
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by [GR]JoKeR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:17 pm

well their are ways for it to be done,
could lock the server at times and all the admins can have a talk with him or her and see how they reply and the admins can sim spam, kills ect and see what the "new admin" does give them rights to run the controls
see when they think the server needs restarted ect
and then they can be also on a probation period like a week or two and if they run the rights well in that time they can keep the right if not then well you know then lol, they can also reapply for the position if they were ok and want to try again but i wouldnt let them reapply more than twice and be seriously taken into consideration

[GR]JoKeR
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by [GR]JoKeR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:49 pm

im seeing more views on this subject i would really like it if more people would say something more on here, its no joke i think it would solve a lot of problems

Ryan
Former Server Admin

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 am

A Quiz?

[GR]JoKeR
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by [GR]JoKeR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm

that would be a good idea to go with it sure, i know im a "nub" when it comes to scripting and yes i can be a dick but thats just how i am as a person i dont feel the need to act all cool online im just sick of the cocky jackass noobs that come into the server and be all like i can write all these scripts look what i can blow up and look how i can kill you, yea its cool to see some of the stuff they can do, but it gets old after awhile when thats all they do is kill the shit out of you non stop or they become admin by tryin to kiss Ant or Nicks ass's just so they can ban or just all around be little jackass's on the server like they think they own the freakin place but when they see Ant or Nick come on the server they change up how they act, but im sure the owners of the server know whats going on

when i get my server up and finally running at my new apartment i would possibly like to have some of the admins from Area 51 to be admin on my server too and see how that goes over, Ant and Nick will be the only other people than I to have access to the main console and be able to do perm bans the same as they do on Area 51 due to the fact that they are respectable enough and responsible enough to help run my server if they want to, i would like to help the [GR] group into other parts of Deathmatch

ikillyou
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ikillyou » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 pm

I have a question: what is 2+2
If they say 5 then they pass lol
[GR]ikillyou{A}{D}
[GR] cheats/deathrun senior admin.
GR donator.
Ant and nick's friend :)
Join us on our TS server here:

[GR]JoKeR
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by [GR]JoKeR » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:26 pm

really i thought it was 7 fuck i need to brush up on my math lololololol

Tman545
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by Tman545 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm

ant_8490 wrote:Seems like a good idea, if anyone can come up with a way to test players. Thats the hardest part because most of the time, admins are selected based on their forum applications, which really doesn't say much about if they will actually be good admins.
Test them by observing their behavour send someone u trust and isnt admin so he can do the crime he usually does when noone sees
[GR]Tman545{A}

Tman545
1+ Posts
1+ Posts

Post by Tman545 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:07 pm

oh and...youre the one to talk joker you annoying abusive noob
[GR]Tman545{A}