deathrun_a51reunion

Forum rules
If you make or convert a map make a new topic for each one that you submit so comments or problems can be discussed.
Peter Brev

deathrun_a51reunion

Post by Peter Brev » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Since Manlord's reunions are very successful, I have decided to make a map dedicated to it and to Manlord.
Welcome deathrun_a51reunion:
17 traps
13 endings
Few secrets lying around
Awesome music/SFX
And more...
The map has different themes:
COMBINE:
Spoiler
Show
PROSPEKT:
Spoiler
Show
CAVE:
Spoiler
Show
DEV:
Spoiler
Show
FROZEN:
Spoiler
Show
SEWERS:
Spoiler
Show
The map is finished and will be released as soon as I get the file uploaded.

myback
Server Admin

Re: deathrun_a51reunion

Post by myback » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

neato 8-)
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Very cool! Did you start making this awhile back? If not, that was pretty quick to put it all together :)
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 am

I like it!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:28 am

I started on June,19 right after you posted the scoreboard of 20+ players being in the server when the reunion took place. Unfortunate I could not be there due to timezones as of right now.

[link removed] - There you have it.

Now don't find any problems, cubemaps are a pain in the ass to build.

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm

I hope this gets more popular than helix, allstars, and castlerun all together. It should be in the beginning of the nominate menu anyways. Looking forward to playing it with everyone!!
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:36 pm

There seems to be a problem.

It looks like the dr plugin does not like the map at all. There's a 15 fps lock and we're still trying to investigate the issue as to why it happens. It works just fine without it. Ant is thinking/testing and I'm gonna work on the map and see if anything in the map is causing the dr plugin to drain the fps.

Update: I've compiled different versions to troubleshoot that problem, I'm gonna be waiting for Ant to be online.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update 2: It seems Ant has narrowed down the issue. The problem is most likely caused by sounds, so I tried to fix it by reducing the amount of ambient_generics in the map.

On the way to updating the map, I also added some additional detail to the sewers section as it was extremely under detailed.
See here:
Spoiler
Show
I am kidding of course. I just added some additional detail to make things look less repetitive and more attractive and realistic.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

The issue has been resolved and the map is fully working. All the credits goes to Ant as he is the one to have found the problem.

I'm just awaiting... or we're just awaiting his final words on this topic as to when the map is on the server.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Peter,
Like we talked about on the server today, I looked into whatever happened with this map. It was added to the server for one of the past reunions, but was removed after only a few rounds due to random crashing of clients. You can see from the mapstats page it was played 6 rounds on the live server: https://www.area51servers.com/data/mapstats_dr.php

I will look into this further to see if it is still crashing or try to narrow down was exactly was the problem. The fps lock was fixed already.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

speedvoltage
Former Server Admin

Post by speedvoltage » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 am

This is where I am confused as to how the map could cause players to crash. It is the heaviest of my deathrun maps for sure, but it is not THAT heavy, though. Even my updated map dm_basebunker, which is three times as heavy, if not more, did not crash a single person's game.

Keep me posted!