wrongfully banned because of es_setmodel error

Forum rules
- Be sure to read the "Unban Request Form" topic before posting.
- Do not spam here! Guest posts will only be visible after an admin approves them!
jfmherokiller

wrongfully banned because of es_setmodel error

Post by jfmherokiller » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm

i was playing on the server trying some script ideas when i decided to set my model so i went to the source model gcf file and picked out the model at

Code: Select all

root\hl2\models\Zombie\Classic.mdl
I never knew that would crash the server i thought it was valid since jerry was using the fast headcrab model.But soon after i picked it the server crashed I believed that some idiot user crashed the server with some buggy script so i typed

connect 72.90.252.106:2302
in console to rejoin the server and tried again but it still crashed so i rejoined and decided to try again and it again crashed. after that i noticed that what i was doing was crashing the server but when i tryed to rejoin it said

Disconnect: You have been permanently banned from this server.
so i checked the banlist and it said

221 jfmherokiller  STEAM_0:0:22149674 74.236.151.36 - United States 2010-06-30 21:57:49 General server crashing ikillyou
i understand why i was banned and i believe it was unfair that i was since i really did not understand why the model i chose crashed the server and would like at least some info on a correct way to set my model using that command.

jfmherokiller

Re: wrongfully banned because of es_setmodel error

Post by jfmherokiller » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 pm

the parts in the code are direct copy and pastes from either webrowser or console

ikillyou
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ikillyou » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 pm

I asked you to stop doing twice first time I gave you a warning and you kept in doing it so I warned you on the second server crash an you did it again. Iambeast told you to stop it an told you why the server is crashing both times and I warned you over the mic and you still did it. Did you not hear us spamming chat and mic saying NOT TO CHANGE YOUR MODEL TO ZoMBIE IT CRASHES THE SERVER. I tried to ban you for 19 mins but you did it again and the last 3rd server crash crashed my game. So you crashed the server 3 times. Why did you not learn from the first timeit crashed when you tried it or the second time. 3 strikes you're out. I'll keep this for Ant to look at before taking any action to see what he would like to say about this.
[GR]ikillyou{A}{D}
[GR] cheats/deathrun senior admin.
GR donator.
Ant and nick's friend :)
Join us on our TS server here:

jfmherokiller

Post by jfmherokiller » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 pm

i may have not seen or heard you because i was editing my scripts

jfmherokiller

Post by jfmherokiller » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm

i did not learn the first time because i did not bwlieve i did it.just for the record this was completely unintetional

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 am

Being that he has over 7 hrs in the server and I have not had any other problems with this player, I'm going fo unban him. If it was really unintentional, then it shouldn't happen again, but we will see. One of the more descriptive unban requests also which helps a lot.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10