deathrun_metalrun by [GR] Goomba (me)

Forum rules
If you make or convert a map make a new topic for each one that you submit so comments or problems can be discussed.
Peter Brev

deathrun_metalrun by [GR] Goomba (me)

Post by Peter Brev » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am

Try this :

http://www.2shared.com/file/WaxaluKc/New_File.html

No screen, steam sucks.

Ok guys, it's a big map so big file. There is 22 traps with 4 endings, some traps sucks. I know the map isn't perfect and probably is having bugs but if there is missing lights or whatever tell me and I fix it for new version. I'm not an advanced mapper, but I try to make maps becoming cool, I would be happy if you like the map I spend 3-4 days to make it so don't be too hard with me if there is some problems, I did my best and demon helped me on lighting. There is 5 levels, I've tested the maps 50 times (really) and it's coming cool and having less problems.Perhaps the it's quite fast to rush but like I said, I did my best and I like the results ! I hope you too.

Thanks to you all, idk why but thanks.

EDIT: New link.
Last edited by Peter Brev on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Re: deathrun_metalrun by [GR] Goomba (me)

Post by ant_8490 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Both of your links for this and the sewers map are just showing up as blank pages.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 am

ant_8490 wrote:Both of your links for this and the sewers map are just showing up as blank pages.
wtf lol

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am

Changed link, but multiupload works perfectly, I don't know if a blank page appears to all.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Some errors:
1) Falling rocks at the end dont delete. You just have them falling out into space. I added a trigger to "break" them at the bottom. (it was just continually creating entities until it lagged the server to 100% cpu and then hit the 2048 entity limit then crashed)
2) 2 of the end triggers were double toggling the walls for the other endings.
3) Noob ending sound was not packed into the map. (but its such a short ending that it doesnt need a sound anyway)

All of these problems have been fixed and it should be on the server soon. If you want the updated vmf, just let me know in steam.

Thanks
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:14 am

ant_8490 wrote:Some errors:
1) Falling rocks at the end dont delete. You just have them falling out into space. I added a trigger to "break" them at the bottom. (it was just continually creating entities until it lagged the server to 100% cpu and then hit the 2048 entity limit then crashed)
2) 2 of the end triggers were double toggling the walls for the other endings.
3) Noob ending sound was not packed into the map. (but its such a short ending that it doesnt need a sound anyway)

All of these problems have been fixed and it should be on the server soon. If you want the updated vmf, just let me know in steam.

Thanks

Oki, I didn't want to add any music on noob level. 1 problem solved ^^