Dead Server

UrbanCroat
Server Admin

Dead Server

Post by UrbanCroat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm

What happened to this server? Why does no one play on it? was why it not taken down yet? Does anyone want to help me populate it? add me on steam. Thanks

ant_8490
Site Admin

Re: Dead Server

Post by ant_8490 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello, are you from our HL2DM DR community? This CSGO DR server was an attempt to bring that community over to CSGO but it never really took off. The server is fully functional but just never got popular. If you have any ideas, or know players on CSGO who are looking for a server like this, feel free to let me know how to improve it.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

UrbanCroat
Server Admin

Post by UrbanCroat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:23 pm

YES A REPLY! THERE IS HOPE! All you need to know about me is that I am the ultimate Legit Deathrun advocate for CS:GO. What is Legit DR, its basically deathrun without autobhop.

In the past about 6 months three Legit DR servers on csgo were either shut down or converted to autobhop servers. However, there is still demand for Legit Deathrun servers and I know many people who would still love to play Legit.

I ran into this Area 51 deathrun server a few times in the search results and actually connected a couples times as well. But, when I joined I quickly noticed that the bhop settings were competitive settings. As in sv_accelerate_5.5, sv_airaccelerate 12, sv_staminajumpcost .08, sv_staminalandcost .05, etc... I was always under the impression that the server would be removed any day now, but for years its still been up.

I believe that if you adjust the bhop settings slightly, add a couple plugins, add/remove a few maps, and change the Tags on the server description we just might be able to populate the server again.

Good news is that I know exactly what changes to be made to make the server great, bad news is I'm not a "tech" guy, so I wouldn't know how to implement these changes and additions.

I have much more to talk about Please add me on steam and we'll talk in teamspeak, if you are serious and really want to, we can pull the server out from its grave.

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080624470/

stokke25
Server Admin

Post by stokke25 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 am

I havent played CS:GO a whole lot, but i sometimes think about joining the DR server on csgo, but never have gotten around to it becuase my friends who play csgo always want me to play comp with them. So, normally i play dr on hl2dm, or i play the a51 cheatserver, becuase i still have fun on there, and having admin comands still makes it 10x more fun. But tweaking the bhop setting a bit like you said, could help the server become popular.

UrbanCroat
Server Admin

Post by UrbanCroat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:21 pm

stokke25 wrote:I havent played CS:GO a whole lot, but i sometimes think about joining the DR server on csgo, but never have gotten around to it becuase my friends who play csgo always want me to play comp with them. So, normally i play dr on hl2dm, or i play the a51 cheatserver, becuase i still have fun on there, and having admin comands still makes it 10x more fun. But tweaking the bhop setting a bit like you said, could help the server become popular.
Bro add me and we'll play csgo deathrun

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Maps Added:
dr_atomic
dr_darkside
deathrun_ecliptic
deathrun_goldfever
deathrun_holyshit_stable_4
deathrun_iceworld_pz
deathrun_nuke_v4
deathrun_spy_vs_spy
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I agree with some things you said about the bhop thing.
I believe the server should stick to legitimate bhop however, certain things could help the experience of bhopping such as by removing the speed limit that is there by default and implement certain cvars that will help with the bhopping experience to make it a bit easier to bhop/gain speed.