dandu3's Admin Application

Forum rules
- This is to apply for basic admin on the Deathrun Server.
- Make sure you have fully read the "[MUST READ] Admin Requirements" post first, before applying for admin.
dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

dandu3's Admin Application

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Admin Application
Steam/In-game Name: [GR]dandu3
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:32214114
Have a microphone: Yeah, but I don't really use it
Have you been admin on other servers: My own server, and that's pretty much it.
Why you should be admin: Because I feel like I could be a good admin, and bring a little something more to the ever-growing wonderful community that is the Area 51 Servers. I am also a pretty active player.
Additional Comments (optional): I do play when I'm bored and when I see people (which actually happens now), and i'm not that active on the forums, but I can be if necessary.
Last edited by dandu3 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: dandu3's Admin Application

Post by SuperNovaX » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:30 pm

I am not voting, just simply correction. Your reason to be an admin is terrible. It is an answer that an immature person would say. There is a place to get your actual steam ID. Other than that it all seems fine. Sorry to be the person who has to be the mean one but trust me it will help you a lot if you fix your application. Ask Peter Brev or Ant for the link to get your steam ID because I believe they both know it I may be wrong though.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 pm

SuperNovaX wrote:I am not voting, just simply correction. Your reason to be an admin is terrible. It is an answer that an immature person would say. There is a place to get your actual steam ID. Other than that it all seems fine. Sorry to be the person who has to be the mean one but trust me it will help you a lot if you fix your application. Ask Peter Brev or Ant for the link to get your steam ID because I believe they both know it I may be wrong though.
I know what my Steam ID is, but recently, I wasn't admin anymore on my own server, and I noticed in status that it's U:1 instead of the usual STEAM: or what ever, and I know my reason is terrible

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 pm

dandu3 wrote:
SuperNovaX wrote:I am not voting, just simply correction. Your reason to be an admin is terrible. It is an answer that an immature person would say. There is a place to get your actual steam ID. Other than that it all seems fine. Sorry to be the person who has to be the mean one but trust me it will help you a lot if you fix your application. Ask Peter Brev or Ant for the link to get your steam ID because I believe they both know it I may be wrong though.
I know what my Steam ID is, but recently, I wasn't admin anymore on my own server, and I noticed in status that it's U:1 instead of the usual STEAM: or what ever, and I know my reason is terrible
You can find your steam ID on a website......... If you know it's terrible, why not correct it? Just simple advice to help you get the position as an admin. Take it or leave it, I don't care.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 pm

SuperNovaX wrote:
dandu3 wrote:
You can find your steam ID on a website......... If you know it's terrible, why not correct it? Just simple advice to help you get the position as an admin. Take it or leave it, I don't care.
Because it's meant to be that way.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 pm

One of the worst applications I've seen on this forum. First off we need your Steam ID so we can add you to the list of admins. That is if you get admin. Servers uses both Steam id and Unique id, unique id are not static id's like Steam id's and change all the time just like a dynamic ip address therefore the plugin needs a static id so that it can recognise you every time you join the server so it doesn't give admin permissions to someone who is not supposed to be an admin. Unique id's are assigned temporary to allow an admin to select a specific player on the server to use commands on them. This is an easier way of using commands on someone just in case they have a name which has weird characters.
Any way back to the application. I feel like your mental age isn't the same as your actual age if that is actually your real age. "I wanna be more pro." By becoming an admin it doesn't make you "pro", being an admin is a responsible job that has to be done correctly so that everyone on the server is happy and that everything is going the way it should be going. I do not think you are ready to become one of us with this kind of attitude. Before applying again I want to see you improve your knowledge about what it takes to become an admin and I want to see that you're ready.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Demon wrote:One of the worst applications I've seen on this forum. First off we need your Steam ID so we can add you to the list of admins. That is if you get admin. Servers uses both Steam id and Unique id, unique id are not static id's like Steam id's and change all the time just like a dynamic ip address therefore the plugin needs a static id so that it can recognise you every time you join the server so it doesn't give admin permissions to someone who is not supposed to be an admin. Unique id's are assigned temporary to allow an admin to select a specific player on the server to use commands on them. This is an easier way of using commands on someone just in case they have a name which has weird characters.
Any way back to the application. I feel like your mental age isn't the same as your actual age if that is actually your real age. "I wanna be more pro." By becoming an admin it doesn't make you "pro", being an admin is a responsible job that has to be done correctly so that everyone on the server is happy and that everything is going the way it should be going. I do not think you are ready to become one of us with this kind of attitude. Before applying again I want to see you improve your knowledge about what it takes to become an admin and I want to see that you're ready.
I am fully aware that they need my Steam ID, I was just curious because it's the first time that I seen Unique IDs (engine updates, I guess), and I am fully aware that it does not make me more pro. That was intended as a joke, as I don't really have a reason to be admin, it's just for fun. (and please, do not complain about the use of the term "fun", I am fully aware what being an administrator means and what they do.) And also, please do not judge a person's mental age without knowing said person personally.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Give me your Steam profile page, I'll get your ID.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Peter Brev wrote:Give me your Steam profile page, I'll get your ID.
I added it, its STEAM_0:1:32214114

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

So you're steam account is this: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960265729

How does it come that you haven't connected to it the last 73 days?

Btw, Valve employee at 14?

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

No it's not, its 76561198024693957

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

dandu3 wrote:No it's not, its 76561198024693957
Ok, there is some type of problem, one moment.

EDIT: Your Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:32214114

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:24 pm

So why are you going all wrong posting wrong information?

Hard to get the right profile and right Steam ID?

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:25 pm

I didn't, you did