dandu3's Admin Application

Forum rules
- This is to apply for basic admin on the Deathrun Server.
- Make sure you have fully read the "[MUST READ] Admin Requirements" post first, before applying for admin.
Peter Brev

Re: dandu3's Admin Application

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Ok, let's review.
dandu3 wrote:I know what my Steam ID is, but recently, I wasn't admin anymore on my own server, and I noticed in status that it's U:1 instead of the usual STEAM: or what ever, and I know my reason is terrible
dandu3 wrote:I am fully aware that they need my Steam ID, I was just curious because it's the first time that I seen Unique IDs (engine updates, I guess), and I am fully aware that it does not make me more pro. That was intended as a joke, as I don't really have a reason to be admin, it's just for fun. (and please, do not complain about the use of the term "fun", I am fully aware what being an administrator means and what they do.) And also, please do not judge a person's mental age without knowing said person personally.
You are the one confusing us.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 pm

I was confused about the unique ID and Steam ID things. I did not give out false information, you just didn't land on the right profile for a reason i'm not aware of, and you're blaming it on me

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:29 pm

dandu3 wrote: That was intended as a joke, as I don't really have a reason to be admin, it's just for fun. (and please, do not complain about the use of the term "fun", I am fully aware what being an administrator means and what they do.) And also, please do not judge a person's mental age without knowing said person personally.
"as a joke" You do realise that being an admin is a serious job. What if you put that on a CV? I want to be a governor just for lols for no reason at all. If you don't have a reason to become an admin why apply for admin then? It's not for fun and I am totally going to comment on your choice of words. I can judge a person's mental age and keep it to my self but I had to tell you this because I wanted you to realise what you're saying makes me think like you're not ready to be an admin.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Either way I'll vote no simply because your reason doesn't even make any sense and you look way too immature anyway.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Demon wrote:
dandu3 wrote: That was intended as a joke, as I don't really have a reason to be admin, it's just for fun. (and please, do not complain about the use of the term "fun", I am fully aware what being an administrator means and what they do.) And also, please do not judge a person's mental age without knowing said person personally.
"as a joke" You do realise that being an admin is a serious job. What if you put that on a CV? I want to be a governor just for lols for no reason at all. If you don't have a reason to become an admin why apply for admin then? It's not for fun and I am totally going to comment on your choice of words. I can judge a person's mental age and keep it to my self but I had to tell you this because I wanted you to realise what you're saying makes me think like you're not ready to be an admin.
Look, this is free work here, I would not put that on a CV and send that to some place of work because I would look like an idiot, and I am fully aware of that.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm

dandu3 wrote:
Demon wrote:
Look, this is free work here, I would not put that on a CV and send that to some place of work because I would look like an idiot, and I am fully aware of that.
Free work?

I hope you are kidding, right?

Admin position is not free work.

Yes you don't win money, but as an admin, you still represent the server.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Free work?

I hope you are kidding, right?

Admin position is not free work.

Yes you don't win money, but as an admin, you still represent the server.
I know that I represent the server, I said that because you were comparing this to a real life work place

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:36 pm

If you are totally aware of it then why would you want to be an idiot on the internet? This is what I mean.. Your choice of words don't make sense because you say you know this and that but you're still doing it?
I'm not picking on you or anything and I'm sure that Peter isn't either but what you posted so far as long as I read it well, doesn't make sense. We're trying to help you here in such a way that you learn and do not make the same mistakes. Yes this is "free work" voluntary work, we don't need admins that don't want to be admins. If you are committed to becoming an admin on this server, show us. Help out other people, invite friends/people to the server so that it becomes more and more active, be active show that you care about the community and that you're not just here to get some admin rights on a server to show them off.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Demon wrote:If you are totally aware of it then why would you want to be an idiot on the internet? This is what I mean.. Your choice of words don't make sense because you say you know this and that but you're still doing it?
I'm not picking on you or anything and I'm sure that Peter isn't either but what you posted so far as long as I read it well, doesn't make sense. We're trying to help you here in such a way that you learn and do not make the same mistakes. Yes this is "free work" voluntary work, we don't need admins that don't want to be admins. If you are committed to becoming an admin on this server, show us. Help out other people, invite friends/people to the server so that it becomes more and more active, be active show that you care about the community and that you're not just here to get some admin rights on a server to show them off.
I'm not trying to be an admin that doesn't wanna be an admin, else, I would not have posted the application in the first place. And my friends aren't really into "weird" game modes, they are more into the normal ones like PLR and things like that.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Stop drooling already.

I'm seriously viewing you as a dweeb.

If you think you are going to bribe anyone with your arguments, you are doing it wrong.

Bury the bullshit and act like a real mature person.

You are making it a big deal.

If you want to apply, then add a good reason, else buckle up.

We could go on forever in these arguments but I'm done with you.

I don't make the final choice but I highly doubt you're going to be taken with that attitude.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Peter Brev wrote:Stop drooling already.

If you think you are going to bribe anyone with your arguments, you are doing it wrong.

I don't make the final choice but I highly doubt you're going to be taken with that attitude.
It's fine, I don't care about your decision to say no, because I would say no to myself too.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

dandu3 wrote:
Peter Brev wrote:Stop drooling already.

It's fine, I don't care about your decision to say no, because I would say no to myself too.
Paradox to the application.

Why did you apply in the first place if you vote no to yourself?
Last edited by Peter Brev on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

dandu3 wrote: I'm not trying to be an admin that doesn't wanna be an admin, else, I would not have posted the application in the first place. And my friends aren't really into "weird" game modes, they are more into the normal ones like PLR and things like that.
If you want to be an admin why didn't you put the time and work into the application then? When joining a community where no one knows you well you want to make the best first impression, unfortunately you messed this part up but no worries. There is still room for improvement.
I really don't care if your friends are not into a normal* gamemode but I was just trying to give you an example of what you could do to improve your chances of becoming an admin showing you care about this community.
On the old HL2:DM server I've put hours/weeks/months/years into that server, I'm not telling you to do the same thing as me "no life basically" but to do something to show us you care.
Last edited by Demon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Peter Brev wrote:-snip-
I thought you were done?

dandu3
25+ Posts
25+ Posts

Post by dandu3 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Demon wrote:
dandu3 wrote: I'm not trying to be an admin that doesn't wanna be an admin, else, I would not have posted the application in the first place. And my friends aren't really into "weird" game modes, they are more into the normal ones like PLR and things like that.
If you want to be an admin why didn't you put the time and work into the application then? When joining a community where no one knows you well you want to make the best first impression, unfortunately you messed this part up but no worries. There is still room for improvement.
I really don't care if your friends are not into a normal* gamemode but I was just trying to give you an example of what you could do to improve your chances of becoming an admin showing you care about this community.
On the old HL2:DM server I've put hours/weeks/months into that server, I'm not telling you to do the same thing as me "no life basically" but to do something to show us you care.
Of course I care about the community, I was there on HL2DM too, and I wouldn't have donated if I didn't care.