Idea, no one freak out.

kylemcqueen75
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Idea, no one freak out.

Post by kylemcqueen75 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 am

I am not sure if you ever tried running a modpack for the server, but I feel like with the newest versions of MC coming out it would be a good idea. I ran a public 3rd party FTB modpack called New World Mod Pack witch included 94 mods (130ish including child mods) and it was the most popular 3rd party modpack on the FTB launcher. I didn't even have to advertise the server I ran for it because I just included the server.dat in the modpack lol. Why am i telling you this? Just so everyone knows when it comes to minecraft modding, it was my life for all of 2013 :P

Anyway, would you guys be interested in me making a modpack for the FTB launcher just for Area51?

We could pick the top 10 mods we can find. We don't need all the fancy hats and what not in the mother packs that just cause peoples PCs to explode, if ant is willing I can even make sure the map doesn't need to be reset (other than 1.8.1 features if any).

rikitenhu
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Idea, no one freak out.

Post by rikitenhu » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:37 am

wef6twsyoiuhfjsdfyiuhsdjf tekkit server would be better, i have never played in a tekkit server and i really would fucking love to.
THIS SERVER AND NOOBONIC PLAGUE DARK RP IS DEAD, WHY LIVE? I WANT TO KILL MYSELF, LIKE, MIXING SULFUR AND ATOMIZED IRON POWDER IN A 50 50 RATIO AND THEN BURNING IT AND MIXING THE BURNED CLUMP OF SHIT WITH SULFURIC ACI

kylemcqueen75
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by kylemcqueen75 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:39 pm

I did just realize that this would require the server to not be cracked. I do not know of any cracked FTB launchers.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:04 pm

kylemcqueen75 wrote:I did just realize that this would require the server to not be cracked. I do not know of any cracked FTB launchers.
We had a FTB server before this (demons idea :) ) and it didnt work out.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

rikitenhu
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rikitenhu » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:53 pm

ant_8490 wrote:
kylemcqueen75 wrote:I did just realize that this would require the server to not be cracked. I do not know of any cracked FTB launchers.
Ever considered tekkit?
THIS SERVER AND NOOBONIC PLAGUE DARK RP IS DEAD, WHY LIVE? I WANT TO KILL MYSELF, LIKE, MIXING SULFUR AND ATOMIZED IRON POWDER IN A 50 50 RATIO AND THEN BURNING IT AND MIXING THE BURNED CLUMP OF SHIT WITH SULFURIC ACI

kylemcqueen75
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by kylemcqueen75 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:08 pm

ant_8490 wrote:
Why did it not work out? I wasn't asking for a modpack that would kill resources and make it unplayable but one area51 makes just for this server. People could login threw FTB, download the "Area51" modpack then use it to get on the server. Keeping the number of server side mods as low as possible while adding new stuff to do. Again just an idea, but i feel like if you tried running FTB Ultimate or something that was gonna fail because of the requirements server and client side.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

With the amount of interest i have in Minecraft at the moment, I would rather just stay with the basics. With Spigot, the server starts up fast, is easy to manage/update, and anyone can join.

Im not sure how all those mod packs work, but if it requires re-configuring anything server-side, im not that interested.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

kylemcqueen75
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by kylemcqueen75 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 am

ant_8490 wrote:With the amount of interest i have in Minecraft at the moment, I would rather just stay with the basics. With Spigot, the server starts up fast, is easy to manage/update, and anyone can join.

Im not sure how all those mod packs work, but if it requires re-configuring anything server-side, im not that interested.
Another reason I ask is because soon Spigot, Bukkit and everything else will not be an option. I'm not sure if you know this Ant (im sure you do) but Bukkit has stopped dev. Same for Spigot. The only direction that will be moving forward are forge mods. People have already started "porting" some of the best plugins (Essentials, Towny, ServerCMDS) to forge. Soon, every server will be forced to run forge or have no "plugin-mods." This does not mean people connecting to the server will need forge tho, the forge devs are not dickholes (well you need it now, but in the future you will not).

Get this done and out of the way early ANT :P There are some kick ass modpacks and I can set up a private pack on FTB if you only want a few mods. Also, there are already versions of towny for forge that can protect vs other mods. So no more bypass protection.

There will be a replacement for Bukkit/Spigot called Sponge. Guess what API is combines with bukkit ;P

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:55 pm

kylemcqueen75 wrote:
ant_8490 wrote:With the amount of interest i have in Minecraft at the moment, I would rather just stay with the basics. With Spigot, the server starts up fast, is easy to manage/update, and anyone can join.

Another reason I ask is because soon Spigot, Bukkit and everything else will not be an option. I'm not sure if you know this Ant (im sure you do) but Bukkit has stopped dev. Same for Spigot. The only direction that will be moving forward are forge mods. People have already started "porting" some of the best plugins (Essentials, Towny, ServerCMDS) to forge. Soon, every server will be forced to run forge or have no "plugin-mods." This does not mean people connecting to the server will need forge tho, the forge devs are not dickholes (well you need it now, but in the future you will not).

Get this done and out of the way early ANT :P There are some kick ass modpacks and I can set up a private pack on FTB if you only want a few mods. Also, there are already versions of towny for forge that can protect vs other mods. So no more bypass protection.

There will be a replacement for Bukkit/Spigot called Sponge. Guess what API is combines with bukkit ;P
This is not correct. Spigot development has continued with the release of 1.8. And their build plugins create Spigot and Bukkit server .jar's.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

kylemcqueen75
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Post by kylemcqueen75 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:31 am

ant_8490 wrote: This is not correct. Spigot development has continued with the release of 1.8. And their build plugins create Spigot and Bukkit server .jar's.
Right now you use bukkit plugins on the server right? If I am missing something, Spigot is a fork of bukkit. Thus when bukkit dies out entirely so does Spigot? I can't seem to find anything by md_5 saying otherwise. Might not be looking in the right places tho

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:57 pm

kylemcqueen75 wrote:
ant_8490 wrote: This is not correct. Spigot development has continued with the release of 1.8. And their build plugins create Spigot and Bukkit server .jar's.
Right now you use bukkit plugins on the server right? If I am missing something, Spigot is a fork of bukkit. Thus when bukkit dies out entirely so does Spigot? I can't seem to find anything by md_5 saying otherwise. Might not be looking in the right places tho
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/bukkit- ... 1-8.36598/
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

rikitenhu
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rikitenhu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 am

for fucks sake i want some attention like some selfie whore right fucking now!
Have you ever thought about switching over to tekkit when/if a new reset comes?
Just a question, no need to murder me.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

rikitenhu wrote:for fucks sake i want some attention like some selfie whore right fucking now!
I have not thought about it.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

rikitenhu
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rikitenhu » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 am

ant_8490 wrote:
rikitenhu wrote:for fucks sake i want some attention like some selfie whore right fucking now!
I have not thought about it.

Dangit...

Tried looking for a cracked towny tekkit server and it seems none exist.
Though tekkit with towny+economy would require a fuckload, a fucktonfuckload of balancing. Like, some of the items in tekkit are so god damn powerful that it would outright kill the economy and all PVP...
Like the red matter/dark matter tools and the power armor, those would have to be removed(easy option) or rebalanced(not gonna happen, 2much work, just block them) Though id really enjoy the industrial items, those are the main reason why i ever played tekkit, the quarries, power plants n shit really kept me entertained for hours and hours...

Brotherhood Of Nod
Former Server Admin

Post by Brotherhood Of Nod » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

rikitenhu wrote:

Dangit...

Tried looking for a cracked towny tekkit server and it seems none exist.
Though tekkit with towny+economy would require a fuckload, a fucktonfuckload of balancing. Like, some of the items in tekkit are so god damn powerful that it would outright kill the economy and all PVP...
Like the red matter/dark matter tools and the power armor, those would have to be removed(easy option) or rebalanced(not gonna happen, 2much work, just block them) Though id really enjoy the industrial items, those are the main reason why i ever played tekkit, the quarries, power plants n shit really kept me entertained for hours and hours...
What the fuck is Tekkit? Sounds really cool, actually.
Spoiler
Show
Oh look...
Spoiler
Show
I made dis.