Randomizer Server (or Trade Server)

Brotherhood Of Nod
Former Server Admin

Randomizer Server (or Trade Server)

Post by Brotherhood Of Nod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 pm

So I've hung around TF2 for a long time, with a side order of Garry's Mod. I don't really know if Ant will give 2 shits about GMod, although he has the skill of coding for creating possibly a interesting RolePlay mod. Now, since GMod would be probably time and money consuming (as far as I think), TF2 have had some activity for a bit when I saw the History tab for the Mann vs Machine server. What about..a trade server? Maybe a trade server with a randomizer mode?

For those who haven't heard of Randomizer before, it is some sort of mode that switches your weapons with different (or same class) weapons, primary, secondary and melee. Sometimes you'll get a Razorback with Ali-Wee boots with a big earner as a Heavy! Maybe you'll get a minigun with a Sticky Jumper with a Saxxy as a scout. Switches any and all weapons. Don't activate the 3D HUD though, because if you have a weapon that is not of your class, your guy will keep doing the special taunt he has equiped until you switch to a weapon your class could actually use realisticly.

A Randomizer server could bring attention to the server, especially if it was the purpose of trading, or just to play some good stock maps such as CTF or Arena. Just a suggestion onto what could be done to get some interesting results for the TF2 server.
Spoiler
Show
Oh look...
Spoiler
Show
I made dis.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Re: Randomizer Server (or Trade Server)

Post by ant_8490 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Right now we are just running 2 MvM servers mainly because well.... we got the internet for it. If you want something else like stock maps, and you can get some new players to it, we might just change one of the MvM's to that.

I prefer not to run to much custom stuff on there and just keep it simple, so let me know if you have some other players that may be interested in something like that.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Brotherhood Of Nod
Former Server Admin

Post by Brotherhood Of Nod » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 am

I am not the best for bringing in players for stuff, so I don't really think that'd work out. Although if I am available in getting the server going in the future, I'll let thou know :3

Keeping a server that is simple like the MvM server has caught attention of people as far as I know, since a good amount of players rather just have good ol' fashion server :P
Spoiler
Show
Oh look...
Spoiler
Show
I made dis.

shadowslayer
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by shadowslayer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 pm

A trade server would be nice. (Just don't ban me the first time some sore loser calls me a shark.)
Spoiler
Show
Saying "Your lucky i'm peaceful" is pretty much like saying "when i grow up i wanna be an arms race!"-HL2shadowslayer, Area 51 Minecraft
Imagethe only reason you shouldnt mess with me

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 pm

shadowslayer wrote:A trade server would be nice. (Just don't ban me the first time some sore loser calls me a shark.)
Trade server is on:

IP: area51servers.com:2307

What map(s)?

Everything else should be working except the items in price list (!pc) have "440_" in front of each name.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10