Suggestion

Nightmare-Rex
Server Admin

Re: Suggestion

Post by Nightmare-Rex » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm

DiehardLego wrote:Due to players having annoying vel wars lately, I suggested removing fps_max from the server and only allowing players to join with 50-60+ fps_max set.. I am tired of all the OH LOOK AT MY NEW FPS_MAX! chat's. Feel free to respond in votes/arguments, w/e.
P.S. Isn't a console command (fps_max) used to help your player gain speed concidered an exploit..?
i dont even knwo why the fuck ppl mess with the ftp max when i tried it i went slower. altho some ppl may need to limit FTP max if they got a shit macine so may not want to restict them from being able to play.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 pm

The way Ant was going to make the plugin, because he was going to do this before but.. He was going to make it to where if you have the actual command set to below 36 or something that you couldn't join, and low specs players wouldn't have been using the commands because 1 their pc's cannot run 30-40+ fps, etc. It might be a bit harder to understand than i think though ;p

@Ant I could show you the differences between fps's if you wanted me to, with screenshots/vids etc. :P

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:56 pm

DiehardLego wrote:The way Ant was going to make the plugin, because he was going to do this before but.. He was going to make it to where if you have the actual command set to below 36 or something that you couldn't join, and low specs players wouldn't have been using the commands because 1 their pc's cannot run 30-40+ fps, etc. It might be a bit harder to understand than i think though ;p

@Ant I could show you the differences between fps's if you wanted me to, with screenshots/vids etc. :P
The plugin i made fully works. I can pick the FPS limit, and people below that limit will have to adjust the fps_max command to be higher than the limit. It would not affect most people who do no mess with settings because fps_max default is 300.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Did you apply the plugin to the server or.. no? ;oo

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:44 am

DiehardLego wrote:Did you apply the plugin to the server or.. no? ;oo
You know already that its on, but its only at 33 fps limit. I am not ready yet to increase it let without further testing.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Diehardlego you should look at yourself when you were doing that shit. You were bragging 24/7 about your velo and you told everyone to use fps max several of times. You even gave them a decent fps max value, you only have yourself to thank for all that.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Actually Travis, the first person to even say anything about fps_max is Exorcist... And then Claggy found the 33.221 and leaked it all over the place, and I guess I kind-of helped. I was not the REASON why fps_max 33.221 and all the others are even out there. And I stopped bragging about velocity recently... JUS SAYIN TRAVIS :)

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Don't you see the point Snoapy and Travis made?
'Do not complain since you were the part of main people who started".
You can't scream 'No bullying!!' on the next day you stopped bullying.
Aya :3

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Lego, to be honest Snoap and Travis have a point. And Aya is right.
Now Lego, don't go putting blame on other people and hardly taking any of the blame yourself. Since I started playing all I ever saw you do was brag about your velocity. So the blame needs to be slept equally between the three of you. It doesn't make since to why you're complaining about it now when you used to do the exact same thing. In addition, you are like almost always playing CSS and less hl2dm. So honestly you shouldn't even be complaining about it. I rest my case with this, "one must realize his own faults, accept them and move on without blaming others or try to take actions for others who made a similar fault."
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Im just gonna go ahead and throw this out there but.... if the combines have half a brain, most of the maps are designed where they can get to the first button before the rebels do. Therefore, speed is not important as long as the combine can properly time their button presses.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Aya
Former Server Admin

Post by Aya » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 pm

ant_8490 wrote:Im just gonna go ahead and throw this out there but.... if the combines have half a brain, most of the maps are designed where they can get to the first button before the rebels do.
That reminded me of how far from the first button to where combines spawn on deathrun_deserted.
I think that needs to be fixed lol
Aya :3

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 am

Aya wrote:
ant_8490 wrote:Im just gonna go ahead and throw this out there but.... if the combines have half a brain, most of the maps are designed where they can get to the first button before the rebels do.
That reminded me of how far from the first button to where combines spawn on deathrun_deserted.
I think that needs to be fixed lol
+1.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am

And Aya, I wasn't the one who started the whole fps thing. I really don't see how I even started the thing, it wouldn't of even been brought to the server if it werent for Exorcist or Claggy.

Snoap
Former Server Admin

Post by Snoap » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm

DiehardLego wrote:And Aya, I wasn't the one who started the whole fps thing. I really don't see how I even started the thing, it wouldn't of even been brought to the server if it werent for Exorcist or Claggy.
You might not have been the one who started it, but it was definitely you who blew it up and made it big.
Now stop throwing off the responsibility, because you were just as good as them if not greater, to make it a thing to use fpsmax. sorry for bad englando pls no copy pasterino.
Crushed dreams and broken hearts!

Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.

словами не передать

Stuntman0007
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by Stuntman0007 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 pm

why it's even a thing that started I don't know

It really doesn't matter.

Important bit -> This isn't really a gamemode designed to see who is the fastest, it's designed to be fun.
Competition is going to happen but there's no need to make huge arguments about it here, there's
plenty of more appropriate settings for that.

Also kinda important point -> It's amazing how enjoyable this gamemode is when
everyone focuses on enjoying themselves and having fun over everything else.
Mew I'm a bunny!