Suggestion

Anonymous

Suggestion

Post by Anonymous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:12 am

Due to players having annoying vel wars lately, I suggested removing fps_max from the server and only allowing players to join with 50-60+ fps_max set.. I am tired of all the OH LOOK AT MY NEW FPS_MAX! chat's. Feel free to respond in votes/arguments, w/e.
P.S. Isn't a console command (fps_max) used to help your player gain speed concidered an exploit..?

StaTix
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Re: Suggestion

Post by StaTix » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:20 am

just block the con command, i do not see it as an exploit, because fps_max has been implemented into the game, its just, its use is odd.
&&[GR]Broskii{A}:L: is it lego's boobs?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:32 am

instead of odd, I would say quite annoying, and noobish if I might add.

Snoap
Former Server Admin

Post by Snoap » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 am

I saw you said to Daddy I think. "oh daddy uses fps_max".
You do it yourself, but now you're tired that all the others does it too.

You fkn fat hoe, why should we restrict the fps cmd?
You used it yourself once, but now that others does it, then it's just annoying.

Don't you think we were annoyed about your "VEL? VElO? VEEEL?" Now just let the newbies do like you also did once
Crushed dreams and broken hearts!

Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.

словами не передать

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:25 pm

No, I never said that to daddy, I rarely get to play with him, it was probably Stuntman, and yes I used fps_max up until now and I would say players who don't use it or who Cannot use it would think of it as more fair because all it does is make your jumps almost perfect or even perfect, which I would concider an exploit/script kind of. And I never really said OH LOOK AT MY VELO ;0 ;0 ;0 I might of said "What is your velo" and than compared it with my average but whatever, I don't do that anymore.

Snoap
Former Server Admin

Post by Snoap » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 pm

It's an advantage everyone can use, if you want that edge you can use it. Since it's something everyone can use, how is it unfair?

The people like me who doesn't want to use it, just have to face it, that you can't do anything about something made into the game. I'd just say it's pretty noob.

If you get mad cause other uses it and bunnyhops great, then you also have the option to do it, and make it easier for yourself.

словами не передать

FalZen
Former Server Admin

Post by FalZen » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Lol i don't even know what max_fps does to ur bhop :P

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 pm

it adjusts your movement between jumps, which makes your timing about 50x better and easier to bunnyhop. @ Snoap, I'm not mad that they use fps_max im just saying that probably more players would like it if nobody used it because its like cheating their way into faster speeds without having to really try.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Idk what your problem is, why worry about this. If people want to use the cmd let them use it. End of.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 pm

I don't have a problem with it, I just suggested removing it because its annoying when I get messages about what my fps is or messages about their very own fps's. And because it would probably make players more happy if nobody used it because they would concider it as cheats, or something like that.

FalZen
Former Server Admin

Post by FalZen » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:25 pm

DiehardLego wrote:I don't have a problem with it, I just suggested removing it because its annoying when I get messages about what my fps is or messages about their very own fps's. And because it would probably make players more happy if nobody used it because they would concider it as cheats, or something like that.
Well if it's annoying to you, then it's pretty much a problem :P

Snoap
Former Server Admin

Post by Snoap » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Nobody whined about it yet, so let the newbies use it

словами не передать

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:07 am

DiehardLego wrote:I don't have a problem with it, I just suggested removing it because its annoying when I get messages about what my fps is or messages about their very own fps's. And because it would probably make players more happy if nobody used it because they would concider it as cheats, or something like that.
If people are msging you about it ignore them...
Idk what is the big deal "OMFG !!! LOOK GUYS I HAVE DIEHARDS FPS WOWOWO IM A PRO BHOPPER NAO!"
fps_max 33.221 isn't any different from 33.22 and yes whilst this does makes changes with the way you time your jumps it shoundlnt be removed, maybe some people cant bhop at 60 fps so they need to bhop at 50 fps because their timing is different and it's better for them.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:43 am

To Demon, yes there is actually a difference between 33.221 and 33.220 (33.22), you just haven't noticed it yourself. Each decimal that people add aka 33.221 the 221 stands for the steps missed while using just 33 fps. Like they tested 33 fps and went good but not perfect, so they added .221 and it went almost perfect (saying that 33.221 isn't the best fps in the game). And players can use this to their advantage to reach speeds that are insane, Equilivant to Travis's speed. Just saying that 33.221 fps and all the others that you crazy wannabe Travis's made is a bit cheap, and should be removed because players were never really meant to adjust framerates just to make their movement/speed quicker... I would honestly compare fps_max with a Speedhack. :) I like how you guys keep taking this whole fps_max suggestion not so serious. And saying that I'm the only one who thinks it should be removed.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am

DiehardLego wrote:To Demon, yes there is actually a difference between 33.221 and 33.220 (33.22), you just haven't noticed it yourself. Each decimal that people add aka 33.221 the 221 stands for the steps missed while using just 33 fps. Like they tested 33 fps and went good but not perfect, so they added .221 and it went almost perfect (saying that 33.221 isn't the best fps in the game). And players can use this to their advantage to reach speeds that are insane, Equilivant to Travis's speed. Just saying that 33.221 fps and all the others that you crazy wannabe Travis's made is a bit cheap, and should be removed because players were never really meant to adjust framerates just to make their movement/speed quicker... I would honestly compare fps_max with a Speedhack. :) I like how you guys keep taking this whole fps_max suggestion not so serious. And saying that I'm the only one who thinks it should be removed.
But diehard, the difference for me is, this is something that is part of the game and not a 3rd party addon/plugin. Honesty, i cant test any of this shit with only 30-40 fps on my current laptop. When i get a new one that can do 300+ fps in this game, i will look more into it.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10