Deathrun Tutorial [UPDATED]

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Deathrun Tutorial [UPDATED]

Post by commander fury » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 am

Hello people, so here's my deathrun tutorial, made for Area 51 Deathrun Server :D And updated with all the new features !
Deathrun Tutorial
1 - The game
Deathrun is a particulare gametype in HL2:DM.The goal of the game is, for rebels (Color of the team is red) to avoid the traps activated by combines (Their team color is blue).At the end of the course track, if the rebel(s) succesfuly avoid all traps, there is an (or a few) endings in order to finish the game.If the rebel wins (By killing the combine or if this one dies), he and his alive teammates will receive 500 or 1000 points, depending on the amount of combines killed.If the combine wins the game, he will also receive between 500 and 1000 points.

2 - Score
Along your death course, as a rebel, you might also encounter gifts and intels that will spawn in locations chosen by the owner : Gifts will give you a random model or effect usually reserved for donators, during the round.An intel will grant you between 2.500 - 7.500 points and sometimes you can receive the Jackpot which will give you 100.000 points.But these only spawns when there is plenty of players playing, so, invite your friends !
Notice : Intels need at least 16 players to spawn - Gifts needs at least one combine.These won't actually spawn if you're alone.

3 - Commands
!commands : Show the available commands.
!admins : Shows the current admins who are playing.
!stats : Shows your stats, your time played, your connection time and your name.
!motd : Shows the motd, with links for donation and too ther servers, shows the current admins even if they are not online.
!donate : Donate and get models, special effects, 150 HP, and brings you to the upper class of Area 51 !
!shop : Shows the shop, where you can buy models, effects, or special bonuses with accumulated points.
!gifts : Gifts/presents/intels stats.See who have unwrapped the max, the scoreboard, what you can get by unwrapping them.
!switch : Gives you a menu to switch either to spectator, rebel or combine.Must wait until the next round to play in the other team.
!adminstats : Shows the admins' stats.
!rules : Shows the rules of the server.
!nominate : Shows all the maps of Area 51 Deathrun Servee, so oyu can nominate them for the next RTV.
!rtv or rtv : Rock the Vote, change the map is enough players are "RTVing".

4 - Puzzle
A new gametype, where the goal of both teams is to go to the domination level first, where they get weapons to fight or kill the other team.Usually played with the gravity gun to move props and so one cross them or jump on them.

5 - Race
A brand new gametype in Area 51, the goal is to drive your airboat through every racing map and to finish the race before the others.

If I forgot anything, let me know ! As I put much work into this tutorial, I would be very grateful to Ant to sticky it or add it in-game.
Thanks for reading :D !
Last edited by commander fury on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peter Brev

Re: Deathrun Tutorial [UPDATED]

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 am

Very helpful update, thanks for doing it.
Last edited by Peter Brev on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 am

I know right, Peter.I made this one clearer, and it's an updated version with all commands and new features like old ones being centralized.
It might not be of a big help to you, but for the new players, I think this will be very helpful.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 pm

commander fury wrote:
1)At the end of the parcour.

2)An intel will grant you either 6000, 5000 or 4500 points.

3)Both of these spawn at ranndom locations through the maps.

4)Gifs a bit less.These won't actually spawn if you're alone.
1) At the end of the course track.

2) A player will receive between 2,500 - 7,500 points and sometimes you can receive the Jackpot which will give you 100,000 points.

3) They spawn in a desired locations chosen by the owner.

4) Gifts only spawn when there is at least 1 combine.

Other then that, this could or could not be useful.
Make a video then that would be better.

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Post by commander fury » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Demon wrote:
commander fury wrote:1)At the end of the parcour.
2)An intel will grant you either 6000, 5000 or 4500 points.
3)Both of these spawn at ranndom locations through the maps.
4)Gifs a bit less.These won't actually spawn if you're alone.

1) At the end of the course track.
2) A player will receive between 2,500 - 7,500 points and sometimes you can receive the Jackpot which will give you 100,000 points.
3) They spawn in a desired locations chosen by the owner.
4) Gifts only spawn when there is at least 1 combine.
Other then that, this could or could not be useful.
Make a video then that would be better
Thanks for the vocabulary, this actually helped me to make that tutorial better.
As soon I get my new computer and everything back on it, I'll make a video.In the meantime, if you have one, I will be happy to incorporate it in my tutorial, and putting credits.

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:18 pm

It's not spelled parcour. It's spelled parkour.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

Demon
Server Admin

Post by Demon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 pm

SuperNovaX wrote:It's not spelled parcour. It's spelled parkour.
I wonder how is that possible that you know... xDD no offence ;D

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Demon wrote:
SuperNovaX wrote:It's not spelled parcour. It's spelled parkour.
I wonder how is that possible that you know... xDD no offence ;D
Because my friend and I used to talk about it before he died and he told me how it was spelled. None taken btw.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

phil_4319
Former Server Admin

Post by phil_4319 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Nice Fury. Good Job

It's clear and nice to read.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[GR]Phil_4319{A}
......:::Image:::.....
...:::Image:::...
소환사의 갈라진 틈에 오신 것을 환영합 니다
sohwansaui gallajin teum-e osin geos-eul hwan-yeonghabnida

Cpt.Travis
Former Server Admin

Post by Cpt.Travis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 am

Good turtorial, but I doubt it will help any1 if it's written in the webpage unless you direct them to it via a youtube video.
Because people always search up turtorials in youtube. You should also include the basics of bhopping and strafing.