Engine Error

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Engine Error

Post by awesomedude » Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 am

What does this mean and why does it happen almost every time I try to join deathrun? Some maps are alright, but most of them result in hl2:dm crashing and this error popping up.
Advice would be appreciated.
Shit happens

commander fury
Former Server Admin

Re: Engine Error

Post by commander fury » Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 am

The error shows "[..]ran out of space[...]", on disk C, where steam stores all the data (downloads, games, etc...) by default.
So I guess this is because Ant added some things to the server while you weren't playing (I guess it's the teletubbies models...Or then the map being edited) and then when you try to download them in joining the server, it makes your game crash everytimes because everytimes it tries to download the new files that has been added, and the disk isn't large enough for them (Or it is full).
With all my logics and my poor computer skill, I assum this is why your game is crashing everytimes you try to join an A51 server.
So what I advice you in first time is to either move all your steam files on another disk, or simply to move some files from disk C to another disk, or delete these files.
Then try re-joining the server and if it's what I am guessing you should download the new files normally and play without any trouble.

^This is why it does crash, I think, but I might be wrong.Well, my computer skills aren't giant but try my solution first...If it don't solve your problem then ask Goomba or Ant.

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Post by awesomedude » Mon May 06, 2013 10:55 am

I've got around 80 gb available on my c drive, so that isn't the problem. And I've got everything, I'm able to play on some maps but as soon as it changes map, I'll crash and get that error. On certain maps I can't even join, it'll crash instantly.
Shit happens

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 pm

First of all, the map should be in download folder and not custom folder.
I doubt it's a map issue.

awesomedude
Former Server Admin

Post by awesomedude » Mon May 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Peter Brev wrote:First of all, the map should be in download folder and not custom folder.
I doubt it's a map issue.
I've got my maps saved in download\maps, custom\maps and hl2mp\maps. I'll delete the two other locations and see if that helps, either way it's a waste of space having all maps saved in three locations (and a fourth on my hdd).

EDIT: Deleting the other map locations made my game redownload map caches, other than that everything seems normal now.
Shit happens