A serious topic for suggestions

User avatar
commander fury
Former Server Admin
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: France

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by commander fury » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 am

Nice ideas Goomba, thanks.

We really needs thoses rules.

About the lottery, why not, but I don't like very much all this competition...Back in my first days maps were nice, there where intelligent and fun people, playing for playing, laughing for laughing, not all this admin compete and gift competition...People had fun without this.From my point of view it's a little bit useless.

Victory musics ?
Image
Im tired of thoses musics, always the same.I am pretty sure that it would be dubstepz, don't get it why.It's like ending music, damnit, fuckign repetitive.
So please no victory music.

PS : Ant is right on all points.Nice ideas.Now make them plz.

Peter Brev

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm

DUBSTEP??? HELL NO
ant_8490 ftw.
Also, on metal_city_v2, ignore the beta word, just add map, it was to see if logic_case is fixed.

caleb
25+ Posts
25+ Posts
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by caleb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Get rid of the shitty kid admins. I come back from being gone a little while and there's still a bunch of idiots with an {A} beside their names. Nick and Ant, and maybe 2 or 3 more need to be the ONLY admins. What happened to the 18 yr. old requirement for admins? I got gagged by a 13 year old for calling him a "shithead kid". Give me a break. It's the internet. Way too many rules. I mean Christ, Ant and Nick have had to pretty much write a constitution of rules in the past 2 years for the server because so many people get butthurt when someone tells them to shutup or says something they don't like. How about this:

Rule #1: DON'T SPAM, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

Rule #2: DON'T THREATEN, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

AND THAT'S IT! That's all you need! Let the players govern themselves, they're capable. Less bullshit for Ant and Nick to read on the forums, no shithead kid admins for them to hold accountable, and maybe, just maybe the server will resurrect itself because of it. Of course, leave the chat sound restrictions in place and the like of autonomous regulators that operate on their own. Besides, if the players want something done, they've got their own commands such as nominate, rtv, /votekick, /voteban, ESC+Mute etc.

User avatar
Snoap
Former Server Admin
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Snoap » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm

caleb wrote:Get rid of the shitty kid admins. I come back from being gone a little while and there's still a bunch of idiots with an {A} beside their names. Nick and Ant, and maybe 2 or 3 more need to be the ONLY admins. What happened to the 18 yr. old requirement for admins? I got gagged by a 13 year old for calling him a "shithead kid". Give me a break. It's the internet. Way too many rules. I mean Christ, Ant and Nick have had to pretty much write a constitution of rules in the past 2 years for the server because so many people get butthurt when someone tells them to shutup or says something they don't like. How about this:

Rule #1: DON'T SPAM, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

Rule #2: DON'T THREATEN, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

AND THAT'S IT! That's all you need! Let the players govern themselves, they're capable. Less bullshit for Ant and Nick to read on the forums, no shithead kid admins for them to hold accountable, and maybe, just maybe the server will resurrect itself because of it. Of course, leave the chat sound restrictions in place and the like of autonomous regulators that operate on their own. Besides, if the players want something done, they've got their own commands such as nominate, rtv, /votekick, /voteban, ESC+Mute etc.
Way too many admins, aren't even doing their job.
Example: Today on hot desert there were given like 15 free rounds out, 3 admins was on the server and 1 TA (on combine) they were just giving free, until Goomba came and told them to stop it.
Last Sunday i think, in coldmetal four admins and one trial admin were speaking spanish, with a normal player.
and yesterday on applerun when i'm trying to explain to DieHardLego that Ant once said that there was an unwritten rule "english only"
he just replied: It's not in the rules...
Crushed dreams and broken hearts!

Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.

словами не передать

User avatar
commander fury
Former Server Admin
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm
Location: France

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by commander fury » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 pm

caleb wrote:Get rid of the shitty kid admins. I come back from being gone a little while and there's still a bunch of idiots with an {A} beside their names. Nick and Ant, and maybe 2 or 3 more need to be the ONLY admins. What happened to the 18 yr. old requirement for admins? I got gagged by a 13 year old for calling him a "shithead kid". Give me a break. It's the internet. Way too many rules. I mean Christ, Ant and Nick have had to pretty much write a constitution of rules in the past 2 years for the server because so many people get butthurt when someone tells them to shutup or says something they don't like. How about this:

Rule #1: DON'T SPAM, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

Rule #2: DON'T THREATEN, first offense = warning, second offense = kick, third offense = ban

AND THAT'S IT! That's all you need! Let the players govern themselves, they're capable. Less bullshit for Ant and Nick to read on the forums, no shithead kid admins for them to hold accountable, and maybe, just maybe the server will resurrect itself because of it. Of course, leave the chat sound restrictions in place and the like of autonomous regulators that operate on their own. Besides, if the players want something done, they've got their own commands such as nominate, rtv, /votekick, /voteban, ESC+Mute etc.
You're totally right ! I support you, 100%.

We don't need all thoses rules.Only the two that he suggested.Where are gone the good old days ? There wasn't so much shit on the forums, neither on the server, and everyone, despite some not being 18, was very, very nice and mature.

We'll just need to have : Less rules, but being more strict, according to the fact that if we let the players govern themselves, they should be mature enough to not make shit.It's gonna sound strict, but if we apply thoses 2 rules, I suggest to put them in the MOTD and on the forums, while telling the players that, they have the irght to to do more things, but if they start bullshits, we skip the "warn" part.

A good idea is that, if admins are admins, they should be trustworthy for Ant.Also, even with thoses two rules, as we give more liberty to players, we give more to admins; they could have the right to ban someone even if this person didn't broke any rule, but he'll need to give a valid reason, so Ant can check in the logs that the ban is valid.Admins are, I think, mature enough to enforce justice without much rules.

And, I'm totally agreeing with Snoap.Totally, you're right, man.

/Offtopic : That's not the first time that lego "rule-break".He's definitely not a fine choice for adminship, even if he plays much.At the limit, I think that if an admin doesn't play all day long on the server, but enforce the law strictly and doesn't break rule, is as, or even more valuable than a no-life admin but who keeps breaking little rules or not making justice.

Peter Brev

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't know all of what happened, but when I joined on hot_desert, I heard that Yoda gave like 15 free passes and we were like 13-14 players.
I started to say Yoda that he doesn't deserve his admins because he is breaking a rule and he stopped.
Then, Sutashi were starting getting mad on Caleb.
From what I understood, caleb said that they don't need shit kids as admin and Sutashi god offensed and gagged him.
I totally said it was abused from him and said to me it wasn't.
Caleb had the right to report him, but he said it doesn't worth it.
After all, he said to me that he warned, then gagged and apparently he kicked him.
From me, it's abuse and an admin suspension maybe for him.
Caleb were only saying his opinion about admins requirements.
Indeed, it was a long time I haven't seen Caleb and it does a while I am on deathrun.
From my point of view and I said it to Sutashi, it was completely not necessary and all of this could be avoided by ignoring.
This comes back to the same thing as Bunny.
You have been immature on this and you haven't proved you could deal correctly in this kind of situation.
I don't know what Ant is going to think about it, but if I was him, I would suspend you until further notice.
I don't want to do tl:dr, so if you need more informations, I'll continue posting.

User avatar
Snake
1+ Posts
1+ Posts
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:03 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Snake » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Okey, I Admit it. I gagged him, but... kicked? I've never kicked someone. I have only gagged 2 users in all my life, but never kicked or Banned someone. I told you in the server, ban Someone for a stupid topic is absolutely abuse and it's not necessary. Y only gagged him to calm him, but anyway, he avoid the gag using the command /Red.
I don't know how is the opinion in your country, but in my country, call the news admin like me, rex, broski, etc, "kids" and "Inmature" is more offense than opinion. I trust in you if it's a opinion if he said "the requirement of the admin must change, in the age should be say 18 years old to have more efficient Admins", but no say "all the news admin are kids", really, I can't understand that is a opinion. If that is not enough, he named me a "13 years old" in this topic. I told him, I have 16 years old (My birthday is 11/8/1996).
This discussion didn't started 2 minutes before you join goomba, it started 10 or more minutes, and with the same magnitude. Yesterday happen the same problem with a different user, he called me "inmature", with a lot of warn (I Didn't gagged him) he stopped and was peace.
Really I'm tired, I had a vacations for 2 weeks, I missed the server a lot, but when I back, 2 users called me Kid and Inmature. But this time, this user called all the news Admin as kid, and that, to me, is not tolerable. If that user had only insulted me, maybe we don't have any problem, like yesterday (Only demonx, me and the user know what happen), I Only need to ignore him, but today I can't, because is not only to me the offense, it's to my "news" admin friends.

Well, I don't want to fight more, but If I need to, Here is my defend:
EDIT: Please, I don't want to fight here. If you want to continue, just make a topic in "admin report", I don't want to fight in a suggestions topic
I'm a Lunatic. Problem?

Actual Steam Name: [GR] Black★Anime Shooter {A}
Olds Steam Names: [GR]Solid Snake. [GR]Naked Snake. [GR]Snake Eater. *Secret Name*. [GR|The S.P.] Sutashi {A}.

Peter Brev

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Snake wrote:Okey, I Admit it. I gagged him, but... kicked? I've never kicked someone. I have only gagged 2 users in all my life, but never kicked or Banned someone. I told you in the server, ban Someone for a stupid topic is absolutely abuse and it's not necessary. Y only gagged him to calm him, but anyway, he avoid the gag using the command /Red.
I don't know how is the opinion in your country, but in my country, call the news admin like me, rex, broski, etc, "kids" and "Inmature" is more offense than opinion. I trust in you if it's a opinion if he said "the requirement of the admin must change, in the age should be say 18 years old to have more efficient Admins", but no say "all the news admin are kids", really, I can't understand that is a opinion. If that is not enough, he named me a "13 years old" in this topic. I told him, I have 16 years old (My birthday is 11/8/1996).
This discussion didn't started 2 minutes before you join goomba, it started 10 or more minutes, and with the same magnitude. Yesterday happen the same problem with a different user, he called me "inmature", with a lot of warn (I Didn't gagged him) he stopped and was peace.
Really I'm tired, I had a vacations for 2 weeks, I missed the server a lot, but when I back, 2 users called me Kid and Inmature. But this time, this user called all the news Admin as kid, and that, to me, is not tolerable. If that user had only insulted me, maybe we don't have any problem, like yesterday (Only demonx, me and the user know what happen), I Only need to ignore him, but today I can't, because is not only to me the offense, it's to my "news" admin friends.

Well, I don't want to fight more, but If I need to, Here is my defend:
EDIT: Please, I don't want to fight here. If you want to continue, just make a topic in "admin report", I don't want to fight in a suggestions topic
I just viewed your images and I've seen one talking about disrespect and you gagged him for disrespect.
So you must be new.
The rule has been removed and you were searching problems too even though I wasn't fully there.
Viewing your reaction toward him, you gotta have to be suspended.
Caleb went a bit hard, ok, but you could ignore it, but you decided to gag him for "admin disrespect".
Of course he used /red to avoid, but I told you it was abuse, but you said that you don't care.
Now, it's not my problem, I said you to not gag him, even if I wasn't here, but you did.

caleb
25+ Posts
25+ Posts
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by caleb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm

To clear things up, by saying what I said in my initial post about 5 posts ago, I was NOT reporting Sutashi or whatever his name is. This is a suggestion thread, and I don't want to accidentally hijack it. Again, what I said should not be considered a report. The shithead kid isn't even worth a report. I'm a normal player and I can govern my own conflicts.

Referencing what Snoap said about the instances he noticed of abuse, screw all of them! I get what you're saying Snoap, but under what I proposed, I'll show you how those "issues" would have been dealt with:

Issue of multiple free rounds. Is it an issue at all? I really only saw one person complaining about it, and the other (Goomba) was just reminding the guy responsible it wasn't allowed (not complaining). So does this require admin action? I swiftly believe it doesn't. If a majority of the players don't want the free rounds anymore, they have MULTIPLE options to GOVERN THEMSELVES such as votekicking the responsible combine, RTVing, or joining combine and pressing the buttons! It's that simple. No need annoying an amdin for an issue that not only doesn't exist, but can take care of itself. The players are just as smart (and in the case of this server) and smartER than the admins. Let them fix their own issues. They've been given enough tools to do so.

Issue of Speaking other languages, I support English only, but if there are 2-3 or 4 players speaking a different language, ask them to stop, and if they dont either individually mute them and votemute them. Easy! SELF-GOVERNANCE

I've said this before, but the BEST Admin is one who DOESN'T use his powers every chance he gets. The best Admin lets the players handle their own issues, unless they no longer have the capacity or capabilities to do so on their own. No admin should EVER dictate whether a player can "disrespect" another player or not. Ridiculous. It's like a fucking Catholic school in that server

And by the way this "Snake" character on the forum is apparently Satushi (or whatever) in-game, read what he said two posts above this one... I mean how much of a load of crap does that sound like? He sounds like a 12 year old whining to mommy that little Jimmy stole his lollipop! Get over it kid! I have nothing against you personally, or your culture. I'm sure you're a great and bright kid with a great future, but your immaturity level, your age, and your obvious ignorance to the scope of your powers as an admin have more than proven your incompetence as an admin. That is the exact attitude that has NO place in an adult server for games like deathrun. Ridiculous.

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by MrProjektZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm

You keep saying you arent trying to report him and don't want to, but thats what your doing is reporting him. Just go make a "report admin" topic and get out of the comments/suggestions/questions with this nonsense.
Psn: ProjektZ96

User avatar
Snake
1+ Posts
1+ Posts
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:03 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Snake » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 pm

caleb wrote:And by the way this "Snake" character on the forum is apparently Satushi (or whatever) in-game, read what he said two posts above this one... I mean how much of a load of crap does that sound like? He sounds like a 12 year old whining to mommy that little Jimmy stole his lollipop! Get over it kid! I have nothing against you personally, or your culture. I'm sure you're a great and bright kid with a great future, but your immaturity level, your age, and your obvious ignorance to the scope of your powers as an admin have more than proven your incompetence as an admin. That is the exact attitude that has NO place in an adult server for games like deathrun. Ridiculous.
See? okey, I'm the admin, I'm the bad of the story. I gonna die in the story, all happy.
I don't have 12 years, I have 16 years old. really, why I gonna lose? because I'm the admin?, that is not a opinion, no here, no there. But of course, I'm the admin, so, I gonna lose because I'm new.
I was chatting with Nightmare rex, and he have a good point...
Steam wrote: [GR] Cpt. Nightmare-Rex{A}: u can act as anyone when typeing
How you can know if someone is a kid? the words never talk, doesn't have emotions, doesn't have voice, so, how you can know if someone is a kid or a adult?. Remember one thing: My english is not native, so, I don't know the difference of a Kid english and a adult english. Tell me the difference. I asked it to rex, to goomba and to papaBear, all of they say the same thing "you sound like a kid", but nothing more, so, what is your point? You know someone is a kid but you don't know why?.

Trust me, I don't know if someone is a kid or a adult, but I don't need it to know you are a kid, or a adult with a big problem in the real-life (maybe you lose your girlfriend, or your job, whatever). Or maybe you are a troll, because you "sound" like one.
Look, I can explain something that you can't, and that thing is the why you are a troll: you're dissin everybody to gets him/her angry and losing the controll of him/herSelf. But you never lose because you can found a weakness of that guy and used it in your defend.
I'm a Lunatic. Problem?

Actual Steam Name: [GR] Black★Anime Shooter {A}
Olds Steam Names: [GR]Solid Snake. [GR]Naked Snake. [GR]Snake Eater. *Secret Name*. [GR|The S.P.] Sutashi {A}.

Peter Brev

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Snake wrote: How you can know if someone is a kid?
By viewing its maturity level.

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by MrProjektZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Snake wrote:
caleb wrote:And by the way this "Snake" character on the forum is apparently Satushi (or whatever) in-game, read what he said two posts above this one... I mean how much of a load of crap does that sound like? He sounds like a 12 year old whining to mommy that little Jimmy stole his lollipop! Get over it kid! I have nothing against you personally, or your culture. I'm sure you're a great and bright kid with a great future, but your immaturity level, your age, and your obvious ignorance to the scope of your powers as an admin have more than proven your incompetence as an admin. That is the exact attitude that has NO place in an adult server for games like deathrun. Ridiculous.
See? okey, I'm the admin, I'm the bad of the story. I gonna die in the story, all happy.
I don't have 12 years, I have 16 years old. really, why I gonna lose? because I'm the admin?, that is not a opinion, no here, no there. But of course, I'm the admin, so, I gonna lose because I'm new.
I was chatting with Nightmare rex, and he have a good point...
Steam wrote: [GR] Cpt. Nightmare-Rex{A}: u can act as anyone when typeing
How you can know if someone is a kid? the words never talk, doesn't have emotions, doesn't have voice, so, how you can know if someone is a kid or a adult?. Remember one thing: My english is not native, so, I don't know the difference of a Kid english and a adult english. Tell me the difference. I asked it to rex, to goomba and to papaBear, all of they say the same thing "you sound like a kid", but nothing more, so, what is your point? You know someone is a kid but you don't know why?.

Trust me, I don't know if someone is a kid or a adult, but I don't need it to know you are a kid, or a adult with a big problem in the real-life (maybe you lose your girlfriend, or your job, whatever). Or maybe you are a troll, because you "sound" like one.
Look, I can explain something that you can't, and that thing is the why you are a troll: you're dissin everybody to gets him/her angry and losing the controll of him/herSelf. But you never lose because you can found a weakness of that guy and used it in your defend.
I said the way you act is like a child, because you are easy to be offended. If someone calls you a kid or any insult you are quick to gag. So I think you act childish not to just ignore the insults, you feed into them at thats what they want.
Psn: ProjektZ96

Peter Brev

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by Peter Brev » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Listen carefully, I'm not going to make Ant read all your buisiness shit, so I'll clarify all stuff:
This is for Sutashi
ant_8490 wrote:1. Sutashi, if someone is provoking you and is actually going to make you rage, then you are in fact less mature than i figured and therefore an admin position on my server is not for you.

2. <not related>

3. Again, hearing someone provoking you shouldnt trigger a ragefit or threats of admin commands (at least for me... i just ignore it since it doesnt bother me). Sutashi, by you doing what you did, it only made Caleb want to do it more. He was not spamming and no admin commands should have been used on him. You made the situation worse, even though there really was no problem anyway.
And this is for both of Caleb and Sutashi:
ant_8490 wrote:4. Grow the fuck up... Both of you. One says "you are a kid" just to make the other rage and abuse admin. Pathetic. Just stop the nonsense and play the damn game. Sutashi: Why do you care if he or anyone is saying you're a kid? & Caleb: Why do you care if someone is asking?
Last edited by Peter Brev on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrProjektZ
Former Server Admin
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: A serious topic for suggestions

Post by MrProjektZ » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

You kinda messed this part up so i fixed it for you.
ant_8490 wrote:4. Grow the fuck up... Both of you. One says "you are a kid" just to make the other rage and abuse admin. Pathetic. Just stop the nonsense and play the damn game. Sutashi: Why do you care if he or thinks your a kid? & Caleb: Why do you care if someone is a kid?
OKAY NO MORE POST ON SUTASHI BEING A KID OR NOT, PLEASE!
Psn: ProjektZ96

Post Reply