I miss the old days.

JoshN0S
Former Server Admin

I miss the old days.

Post by JoshN0S » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:25 pm

HL2DM is pretty much dead now, and honestly, I miss a lot of the friends I used to hang out with. 2015 was boring, compared to the old 2010 through mid 2014.

I just wish things could go back to how they were. It was so much funner back then, I just can't find the kind of enjoyment I used to.

I'm not going to quit Steam, I just wish I could still have as much fun.

Demon
Server Admin

Re: I miss the old days.

Post by Demon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:29 am

Instead of lingering around 1 set of memories, make new ones while you can before you're old because later in life you're going to regret that you didn't in the first place. A51 in it's prime time was amazing, unforgettable people, unforgettable memories, however everything has a sad end to it. This is one of those things...

It hurts, believe me, I know, if any of you guys gave any shit's about the community, you know how it feels...

People tried reviving the community, including myself by suggesting ideas and such, but after a while everyone just forgets.
If we ever want to come back in a good way, we have to do it with a bang. This takes a lot of time and dedication to a risky project cause in the end, if people don't come back, the community itself won't.

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:49 am

There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. People moved to new things, and HL2DM has gotten old for many of us.

I, sure, do wish the server was still full at times, but I do not think it will ever happen again.

Hoping the new Half-Life 3 comes with MP, then all I will say is

SuperNovaX
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by SuperNovaX » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:17 am

I miss old days as well. But I try not to dwell on the past. As Demon said, if we do come back we need to do it with a bang. I've just gotten so busy with work and school that I havent gotten the chance to go by a laptop to get on steam and play. I do check it from my phone from time to time, although I've had to keep deleting the app for school stuff I truly try to check in as much as possible. And as Peter said it had grown old and people are finding new games to play. I know i wasnt there long but I can honestly say the two years( I believe it was 2 years) I was there I absolutely enjoyed it. Even my little rages lol. As soon as I have enough saved up for a laptop I'll get steam back and get on every once and a while. Maybe one day we can bring it back but we will just have to see.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.

[GR]Manlord TD
Server Admin

Post by [GR]Manlord TD » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 am

Ok gonna call another reunion
I am Manlord, for every person I DESTROY it's just another giant step for MANLORD kind.

Sub 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/attackslug
They're a 3 man band!

Stuntman0007
750+ Posts
750+ Posts

Post by Stuntman0007 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 pm

A lot of people who used to be active prolly found other shit to do. I know I'll be doing as much snowboarding while at school as I can and they prolly have similar shit.

tbh the only reason I still remember about these forums is because I still have a link to it when I open a new tab :p.

But I imagine the best possible chance for a "revival" of sorts is with a half-life 3 mp server. So those of old can see the name again in a new place.
Mew I'm a bunny!

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Remember the strengths of your past, take them into consideration, and use them to create new memories in the present.
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2