Welcome to my "Mega-Thread" for ideas!

Demon
Server Admin

Re: Welcome to my "Mega-Thread" for ideas!

Post by Demon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:29 am

myback wrote: From what I've heard, don't quote me on this, but new compiler for CS:GO maps obnoxiously decreases FPS for the resulting map. I don't know if there are settings to disable the new lighting/shadows/whatever, since I haven't actually messed around with it in a while.
The CS:GO engine was indeed updated with new "fancy" features and bug fixes to lighting/rendering bugs.
This is the reason why maps have decreased FPS...

http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/maps.php#hammer

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:53 am

ant_8490 wrote:
Peter Brev wrote:I do not see why A51 could not have its place in CS:GO because it is an original community and we strive to keep it alive.

If Area 51 Deathrun were to happen, I am absolutely up to joining and playing and applying again for admin.

Ant, would you make a dr server for GO and if it happens, are you able to port everything from HL2DM to GO?
I started working on some "stuff" tonight. At first, i'm gonna keep it real basic for testing purposes and to see if CS:GO DR has players willing to join. I dont want to invest a ton of hours into something that may not be fun on CS:GO.
Let us know once it is on.

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Well guys... back where we started... dr_steam_works has been converted for CS:GO. Base plugin is just about complete, and i hope to have a beta server up tonight. :)

Edit: Beta server is installed. Contact me tomorrow in Steam if you want to be a part of the testing phase.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
i9-11980HK 2.6GHz 8-Core Processor
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 16GB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 pm

CS:GO Beta Deathrun Server opened for testing. http://www.area51servers.com/forums/vie ... =53&t=7881

IP: area51servers.com:2312
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

myback
Server Admin

Post by myback » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:53 pm

I posted an announcement for one of my groups and got a few friends to join. It's really fun to play with friends! I will share my knowledge of CS:GO's quirks I've had to fiddle with over this past year and a half.

Bugs I Found:

The scoreboard eventually will not extend out. It will only show 12 players per team, depending on their SCORE. You should add a selfmute option incase someone wants to client-side mute another player and they aren't on the scoreboard

It plays well. There was one bug we noticed in one of the particular endings. When you control the big machine, the saws don't kill you. I don't know if it requires this, but it would be helpful to set cs_enable_player_physics_box to 1

I'm also requesting that you should also filter this out of the chat, since everyone will be hitting each other on the same team just for fun.

The texture for this wire trap appears to not be packed into the map or missing for me.

Someone told me this trap doesn't work at all, but I'm not 100% sure.

When the plugin attempts to find a new Terrorist by choosing the first CT to die, it will keep switching CT's to Terrorist side who die in that particular round, as shown in the screenshot.

My Suggestions

* Set cvar weapon_reticle_knife_show to 1 please. Will show you who you're aiming at when you have your knife out.

* Set SCORE to hours spent on server.

* Strafe/Bunnyhop assist. NOT Autobunnyhop, but something to assist and add some strategy into movement like HL2:DM.

* For future additions, you could set credits to the CS:GO m_iAccount player offset so it will be shown in the money spot on the HUD and scoreboard.

* Multiple terrorist/counterterrorist default models: The precache limit has been increased in CS:GO, so maybe this could happen. It would be a little work, but it can be left alone if its not really needed.

* For the next map to be added, I personally suggest Castlerun! It's a fan favorite of mine. Helix and Iceworld are also great for small map rosters too.

* Radars: They're easy to make once you get used to them. I think they would make the Terrorist/Combine's gameplay more simple and friendly towards never players. On the opposing end, you could also disable the radar completely if you want. The black square gets annoying at times personally, but I'm just OCD about that lol.
Peter B.: half counter fortress team portal life 2

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks myback. I will work on getting all of those problems fixed and adding most of your suggestions.
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10

Peter Brev

Post by Peter Brev » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Then that means I am going to start working on maps soon.

[GR]Manlord TD
Server Admin

Post by [GR]Manlord TD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Wow I'm glad to see A51 has risen again! I thought it was on its last legs. Image
I am Manlord, for every person I DESTROY it's just another giant step for MANLORD kind.

Sub 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/attackslug
They're a 3 man band!

ant_8490
Site Admin

Post by ant_8490 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:14 pm

HAHA actually LOL'd when viewing that :)
[GR]Ant_8490{A}
Area 51 Servers - Owner

MSI GE76 Raider
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Windows 10